1. #1 1st Amendment win for Christian distributing Bibles at gay pride festival 
    http://www.startribune.com/local/south/160198645.html

Buoyed by a last-minute court injunction, a Wisconsin taxidermist who believes that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is sinful passed out Bibles on Sunday at yet another Twin Cities Pride Festival.

"I do this once a year. I talk to people about the love of Jesus Christ," said Brian Johnson, an evangelical Christian from Hayward, as he stood with his family and a black suitcase full of Bibles in Minneapolis' Loring Park, the epicenter of the 40th annual festival.

His legal route back to the park was convoluted. Festival organizers' attempts to ban Johnson from the park had resulted in a Minneapolis Park Board plan to restrict his Bible distribution to a booth on the edge of the festival. Two weeks ago, his request for an injunction against that ban was denied by a U.S. District Court judge.

But Johnson's attorneys immediately filed an emergency appeal, saying the Park Board's plan violated his constitutional right to free speech in a public place. They asked for a quick decision, one in time for the upcoming Pride Festival.

On Thursday, the U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals granted a temporary injunction that allowed Johnson full access to the park Sunday, said his attorney, Jonathan Scruggs of the Alliance Defense Fund of Memphis, which defends religious liberties. Scruggs said the appeal will be argued in federal court to determine whether Johnson has access to future Pride Festivals.
    This guy's message is "free Bibles," not "God hates fags."

Now a bit of irony:

As he spoke with a woman in a purple T-shirt, his son, Jason Johnson, 25, videotaped the conversation, saying the attorneys had asked him to videotape their day in the park "to show there were no incidents throughout the event."

Jason said a few people tried to block his way as he videotaped his father's walk through the park. "We talked to security and it was OK," he said.

Pride Executive Director Dot Belstler said Johnson walked through the park without incident except that some people asked not to be videotaped by his son.
    I guess they weren't prideful enough...

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    I know Mr. Johnson has good intentions but I don't know how he can stand to be in the midst of a park full of liberal homos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    http://www.startribune.com/local/south/160198645.html

This guy's message is "free Bibles," not "God hates fags."
    Now a bit of irony:

I guess they weren't prideful enough...
    The WBC has won time after time in court (free speech). This one seems like a no-brainer.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I know Mr. Johnson has good intentions but I don't know how he can stand to be in the midst of a park full of liberal homos.
    Because God's love tells Christians to reach out to all people and to tell them of the love that Christ has for them. Jesus loves all people, even 'a park full of liberal homos'. God will forgive them of their sins just as he forgives me and you of our sins.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis