Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 If you take the second “m” out of the word, “Mormon,” you get…Romney 
    less lee (85 posts)

How far will they go to stop Obama?
    6/22/2012
    How Far Will They Go To Stop Obama?

If you take the second “m” out of the word, “Mormon,” you get…Romney. I have heard commentators comparing Romney to the 1948 Republican candidate, Thomas Dewey. That is not a very good comparison
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/125149236

I'm not going to bring the whole rambling rant over......just goes on and on and on
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Wow. Um... How tolerant of them. I'm sure they'd do the same with a Muslim (take away the "Mu" and add an "e" at the end!), Shintoist (just take out the "ntois!") or Buddhist (take away the "hist" and change the "dd" to "tt!").

(Okay, I stretched a little on the last one.)

3. #3 How far will they go to stop Obama? 
    A DUer asks the question I have had. Skim the OP...it's not worth reading it closely. Be sure to read the underlined sentence. The question comes in the comments.

link

less lee (87 posts)

How far will they go to stop Obama?

6/22/2012
    How Far Will They Go To Stop Obama?

If you take the second “m” out of the word, “Mormon,” you get…Romney. I have heard commentators comparing Romney to the 1948 Republican candidate, Thomas Dewey. That is not a very good comparison. Dewey had an imperious disposition. Who could you compare Romney to? “Calling Dr.Frankenstein! Paging Dr.Frankenstein! Need an analogy for this sentence!” If Dr. Frankenstein were to combine the speaking style of Hubert Humphrey with the personality of DubbaYa, you’d get Romney. After observing Romney on T.V., many people, including myself, would swear that Romney just came from the dentist’s office following a substantial dose of Nitrous Oxide. The goofy fool is always laughing! Why is that?! A normal person knows when it’s appropriate to laugh or to remain serious. Not Romney! Is he suffering from sort of mania?
    Over the years, I’ve noticed that people in cults are always laughing. Is it because Romney is Mormon? Are they a cult? I don’t know! Some major movie stars are into Scientology. Madonna is into Kabbalah, for Christ shake! But the public seems to overlook these facts. It may be that he belongs to two cults: the Republican Party and the Mormon Church. Hey! That would make me a laughing fool—belonging to two cults at once!
    Sorry about being hung up on this laughing thing, but you have to wonder. There are sadists who laugh at people who are suffering from pain. Old villains in vintage Hollywood movies or comic books are always laughing. “Ah, ha! Batman! You will die! Hee! Hee! Ha! HA!” says The Joker. Glen Beck used to do that shit.
    Is Romney’s laughter voluntary or involuntary? Ask any degreed psychologist who’ll confirm that laughing is sometimes used as a defense mechanism. For a villain in a comic book, laughter means he is invincible. Bullies, after they beat the shit out of you and you’re lying on the ground, bleeding, will point at you and laugh. A laughing fool is obnoxious and right wing clowns know this. The right wing’s debating method is to call their opponent a coward. They will elicit your anger and, should you display it, they’ll accuse you of being unhinged!
    So what is this laughing shit all about? To intimidate you and make you feel small! They laugh, not because they are happy; they laugh because they are sadistic. The left should not react; they should just be stoic and that will drive them NUTS!
    So, will the U.S. public fall for a fake, cavalier facade? The so-called liberal news media is pro-Romney. CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN all support Romney. So does Fox News. So who’s the “lame stream” now?! Fox News is part of it. How about the public? The entirely phony polling machine will tell you that the race is tight, but that is greatly misleading. So, will perspicacity prevail? Hell, YEAH it will! I doubt the public at large will fall for another Bush. If we live in an ethical nation, Obama has this election in the bag.
    But we don’t.
    How far will Obama’s adversaries go to stop him? One way is massive election fraud. Going after the Attorney General is a lame tactic. Demanding poor blacks present government-issued I.D. to vote is unconstitutional. (Right. Voter ID laws are only requiring "poor blacks" to show ID) Dissolving ACORN will NOT stop people from voting. So what will work? Having Republican operatives working as election workers could succeed. Sabotaging election ballots could work.
    Then, there is the unspeakable.
    I shutter to think it.
    TBMASE (697 posts)

2. Why do we assume that poor blacks do not have ID?

Do they not drive or have jobs? Do they not buy guns, cigarettes, alcohol? Do they not cash checks, rent or buy apartments/homes, receive registered mail? Are they not required to show ID just as any other group in this country does?

Why is there an assumption that poor blacks are any different than poor whites?
    less lee (87 posts)

3. I think it's kind of UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

I think it's called a poll tax! Many voters who are students or elderly are too poor to drive a car!
    When repugs register to run for office, they not only need a birth certificate and pass a written test about the constitution, they also need to pass a drug test!
    TBMASE (697 posts)

4. Students have student ID, most have driver's licenses so they can buy acohol

or cigs.
    The Elderly, usually, have some form of ID to get medicare and medicade benefits as well as to access their bank accounts

Why are we assuming it to be more burdonsome because of the color of one's skin?
    less lee (87 posts)

5. Wrong! Not all have I.D!

This race bating by GOP operatives is not only transparent but a sorry cliche! The ruling class in this country want to start a race riot because they know it's not race, it's class! Trying to make leftist anti-racist into racists is not going to work! We know damn well that the GOP is targeting black voters! Why don't they challenge voters in the white community? Oh, it's just a coincidence! Larry Elder? Is that you?
    TBMASE (697 posts)

7. Wait...why is it more burdonsome for a poor black person

to obtain ID than it is for a poor white person?

I fail to see the argument here. If it's hard for poor people to get them, then poor whites would be the group most affected based on sheer numbers. Why are poor black people facing a bigger burden than their poor white counterparts?
    less lee (87 posts)

9. You fail to see the argument

Or you don't comprehend the explanation? This sophistication you are attempting ain't gonna work! Maybe you don't comprehend that racism is symptomatic of class struggle? Huh! You really want me to say something racist do ya! OK! I will! Mark Spitz was the worst outfielder ever! I will not reply to you again! Go call up a liberal radio show! there is more money in that!
    bongbong (2,591 posts)

6. repigs don't want people who vote Democratic to vote

repigs hate Democracy, and that is why they want to eliminate as many Democratic votes as possible. That is their goal with these modern-day Jim Crow voting laws.
    TBMASE (697 posts)

8. I need an ID to cash a check at my bank or at a cash checking store

I need ID to drive, check into a hotel, get a job, pick up a registered letter, buy alcohol, buy tobacco, buy propane gas tanks, rent a car, get a gym membership. You need ID to cast a vote for Union Election

why is it more burdensome for poor blacks than it is for poor whites?
    Some liberals think blacks are too stupid figure out how to get an ID and then follow through and get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

Some liberals think blacks are too stupid figure out how to get an ID and then follow through and get one.
    They seem to have no prob finding one when they want to cash checks. Or get loans.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I wonder if they realize the Harry Reid is a Mormon.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I wonder if they realize the Harry Reid is a Mormon.
    He's not running for reelection. If he were, then the comment above would be base bigotry and denounced by DUmmies, but because it's Romney, it's perfectly acceptable for them to indulge in this kind of hate speech.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He's not running for reelection. If he were, then the comment above would be base bigotry and denounced by DUmmies, but because it's Romney, it's perfectly acceptable for them to indulge in this kind of hate speech.
    Gosh, I wish I could live like that and just change my standards depending on who I'm addressing. Meh. I guess I'll just have to settle with living with boring, old, run-of-the-mill integrity.

Look at the low post counts of the people questioning the OP. Hrm....

Only a liberal would think a black person is too stupid to acquire an ID.
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That thread is hilarious.
    May the FORCE be with you!