Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Rush Limbaugh - OFF THE AIR - In Philly!!! 
    link

WOW!!!! Liberals won. Rush is off the air in Philadelphia!!!

kpete (34,678 posts)

Rush Limbaugh - OFF THE AIR - In Philly!!!

Last edited Mon Jun 25, 2012, 03:50 PM USA/ET - Edit history (5)

MON JUN 25, 2012 AT 10:22 AM PDT
    Rush Limbaugh Off Air in Philadelphia
    byscottiex2

Limbaugh has been a mainstay on the CBS owned station in Philadelphia for at least 20 years.
    Today he was replaced by Michael Smerconish with the intro "forget the anger, reason is back".
    I called the station manager to confirm that it was in fact a permanent and to congratulate him on his public service.

This is one station, but it is a major market that is replacing hate speech one
    program at a time. Hannity was dropped last year.

Of course it is all about money and proof that the boycott worked.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...n-Philadelphia
    Not really........ LOL. Liberals lie all the time. You have to check EVERYTHING they claim as a win.

It took me 15 seconds to find this:

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlin...-philadelphia/

Premiere recently notified WPHT they will be syndicating Rush Limbaugh on a new station in Philadelphia. As a result, we are pleased to be able to now showcase Michael, who is a well-known and acclaimed broadcaster in the market, in this new time period.”
    So Premier is MOVING his show to another station IN PHILADELPHIA. That's what they consider a "win", claiming that the boycott "worked".

randr (4,161 posts)

1. Hats off to the lucky people of Philly

We need to establish Rush free zones all over the country.
    RKP5637 (19,477 posts)

32. That was amazing! It's like a tribute to hatred placing this vile person

in the hall of fame. I see nothing of fame about him than as a loud mouthed asshole full of hatred.
    Speaking of "HATRED"....
    Egalitarian Thug (1,878 posts)

3. Hometown Boy Makes Good. Michael Smerconish is a step up, but

keep in mind that he supports the same agenda. That the Big Fat Liar, is gone from a major market is indeed good news.
    nxylas (4,284 posts)

6. I hope that radio station has good security
    A lot of crazy people with guns are going to be pissed off about this.
    ) Right. They'll be so PISSED OFF that they will simply turn the dial to the new station.

RigB2G (866 posts)
    15. HE IS ONLY SWITCHING STATIONS

Lord. This was reported back in April.
    Oh, oh, someone knows the score.

Yes, the new station according to Limbaughs site states:

Philadelphia Affiliate Alert! Beginning today, you can find The Rush Limbaugh Show on WWIQ 106.9 FM from 12 noon – 3:00PM
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Power CUer
    He went to FM. That seems to be a trend. I think I remember hearing that the quality of satellite radio was so far beyond conventional AM that the move of talk to FM was the only way to compete.

And Dummies are notoriously stupid. They don't check anything.

LOL[

pinboy3niner (19,693 posts)

8. I don't think he's off the air there
    B2G (868 posts)

11. Yes, he's switching stations
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr...ation-20120410
    Meiko (768 posts)

25. Does anyone read the threads

they post on I wonder? He is only switching stations as reported back in April, he is not going anywhere. geeessh.... He probably adjusted his contract and got a bonus for it.
    B2G (868 posts)

36. This thread is the epitomy of a knee jerk reaction

He. Is. Not. Off. The. Airwaves. In. Philly.

Arg!!!
    There's at least 61 comments. Most of them right up to the end are doing backflips and gloating.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Awww...poor babies.
    May the FORCE be with you!

These people are mormons.

Er... wait... I think their stupidity has infected me.

The station (1210 AM) is going to some "let's use local talk talent" format. They got rid of Hannity and now Rush. However, Hanninty and Rush are now on a Philly FM station 106.9. When word gets out, 1210 will be in a death spiral.

The guy replacing rush (Michael Smerconish) is such a RINO that even RINOs look at him and think "damn, that guy is a serious RINO". He blows. And he does not have a voice for radio. I have no idea how he got on there.

Bye 1210. Don't know why you threw yourself on your sword like that but it's going to hurt, that's for sure.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The station (1210 AM) is going to some "let's use local talk talent" format. They got rid of Hannity and now Rush. However, Hanninty and Rush are now on a Philly FM station 106.9. When word gets out, 1210 will be in a death spiral.

The guy replacing rush (Michael Smerconish) is such a RINO that even RINOs look at him and think "damn, that guy is a serious RINO". He blows. And he does not have a voice for radio. I have no idea how he got on there.

Bye 1210. Don't know why you threw yourself on your sword like that but it's going to hurt, that's for sure.
    It works if you've got really good local talent. One of our local stations here did it quite successfully (though they weren't carrying EIB before, either; their "biggie" was Liddy). But if your local talent sucks, then it's not going to work.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    It works if you've got really good local talent.
    They have one local guy that is very good. Dom Giordano. Subs nationally sometimes.

Used to do nights. They moved him to mornings. Absolutely not a good time slot for him.
    Be Not Afraid.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Here in this part of MI, Rush is on 94.9 out of Benton Harbor. However I get 890AM WLS in better than I do the FM station.

Even Colin Cowherd on ESPN has commented that talk radio is and should be moving to FM, the ESPN station out of Holland/Grand Rapids is on the FM bad. The signal is stronger and reaches further than AM stations do, plus it doesn't have the static problems that AM does
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry