Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 John, Spain is not Mexico 
    In fact John, it's one of the NATO allies of the United States. Did we have yet another 'Senior Moment', Mr. McCain?

Senator, Spain's with us in Afghanistan - remember? The WOT? Madrid bombing, John, you recall that unfortunate occurrence?

When asked about how he would greet Spain's Jose Zapatero, you said: “All I can tell you is that I have a clear record of working with leaders in the hemisphere that are friends with us and standing up to those who are not,” he said. “And that’s judged on the basis of the importance of our relationship with Latin America and the entire region.”

Sir, Spain's in Europe. You remember - the place where the Spanish language comes from?

This helps the Republican run for the White House, how?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    I'm sure Sarah, the international traveler and sophisticate, can set John straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I'm sure Sarah, the international traveler and sophisticate, can set John straight.
    And that's comforting, how?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And that's comforting, how?
    How cute, only missing the lid and wilbur!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    How cute, only missing the lid and wilbur!

Well - John's supposedly got a major butt load of foreign policy experience - if he can't quite grasp the difference between Spain and Mexico, an Atlantic fucking Ocean apart, does he need to come tour the California missions to brush up on his Spanish history with the third graders? WTF?

Are you denying that Mexico and Spain are in the northern hemisphere?
    Or are you bitching about the Latin America part?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Bizarre McCain Remarks Appear To Reject Spain As Ally

Late Wednesday night, news made its way from the other side of the Atlantic that John McCain, in an interview with a Spanish outlet, had made a series of bizarre responses to a question regarding that country's prime minister.

"Would you be willing to meet with the head of our government, Mr. Zapatero?" the questioner asked, in an exchange now being reported by several Spanish outlets.

McCain proceeded to launch into what appeared to be a boilerplate declaration about Mexico and Latin America -- but not Spain -- pressing the need to stand up to world leaders who want to harm America.

"I will meet with those leaders who are our friends and who want to work with us cooperatively," according to one translation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_127346.html
    Ahh, the wonderful, factual, always correct Huffington Post. Great place to gather "real" news...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Are you denying that Mexico and Spain are in the northern hemisphere?
    Or are you bitching about the Latin America part?
    Come on here. Every American leader that ever referenced "the hemisphere" wasn't talking about the "northern hemisphere," but rather the "western hemisphere."

I think you even beat DU to this news LP. Do you get any kind of a bonus for that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Ahh, the wonderful, factual, always correct Huffington Post. Great place to gather "real" news...
    Are you saying the reporting is incorrect, i.e., that McCain did not say this? Is so, please clarify and specify.