1. #1 Top Obama energy aide: 'Fracking' rules coming by year's end 
    A senior White House official said Monday that regulations to toughen oversight of oil-and-gas “fracking” on federal lands are on track despite a two-month extension of the public comment period announced last week.

Heather Zichal, the top White House energy aide, told reporters that she expects the Interior Department rules regulating hydraulic fracturing, dubbed fracking, to be completed by year’s end.

An Interior department spokesman offered the same forecast Friday. But the comments from a senior White House official could help ease jitters among environmentalists, who fear the extension of the comment period, until mid-September, on the draft rules could set back the measure.

“We are committed to doing the rule and we are committed to finalizing it,” Zichal told reporters after remarks at the think tank NDN.

Advocates of tougher “fracking” oversight will have their eyes on the calendar, especially if President Obama loses the White House to Mitt Romney, his GOP rival.

Romney has accused the White House of creating unnecessary regulations, and his campaign tells The Hill that Romney does not support Interior’s rules.

The decision to grant a two-month extension followed a push by oil-and-gas industry groups — who oppose plans for new federal regulation — and several states for more time to weigh in on rules proposed in draft form in May.

Zichal cast the extension as a positive step toward crafting final rules.

“I think we saw and heard some issues both from the environmental community, from the industry side, and we need a little bit more time to look at those issues and allow them to engage in this process, and I think the more people are allowed to engage in the process we will be able to end up with a better rule,” she said at NDN, a left-leaning think tank.

http://marklevinshow.com/goout.asp?u...-rule-on-track
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Unless something changes, the EPA and other regulators are going to have their way with preventing fracking. Fracking was recently made illegal in Vermont. But fracking never existed in Vermont in the first place since Vermont is not known to have natural gas and oil deposits.

On a recent episode of Rizzoli and Isles, I heard Rizzoli scream, "What?! They're fracking?! That's illegal!" That's nonsense, of course.

It will be a fight and environmentalists will never give up.

I stopped watching the TV show CSI (the original) when the target of the story line was a top level whopper about the evils of fracing (the correct spelling. There is no 'k' in there.)
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I'm so sick of the jack booted fed thugs trying to control everything in our life. No wonder our cost of energy is so high and the economy is in such a shambles. I'm even sicker of the MSM preaching to us through their "regular" tv series, not only through their preachy specials about the evil of ______ (fill in the blank).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'm so sick of the jack booted fed thugs trying to control everything in our life. No wonder our cost of energy is so high and the economy is in such a shambles. I'm even sicker of the MSM preaching to us through their "regular" tv series, not only through their preachy specials about the evil of ______ (fill in the blank).
    I watched the Bill Mahr show last weekend and they had a libertarian on that schooled the man (who played gomer pile in full metal jacket) about the lies the left are spreading about fracing. I thought that part in the documentary where the water out of that tap caught fire was caused around the time fracing was started? I am hearing its been like that for a long time before fracing came near there.
    Last edited by Bailey; 06-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.

If we could just export liberalism to enemy nations ...
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Fracing....Fracking....?

The word, I'm sure, came from 'fracturing', so I expect retread has the inside track (trac?) on how it is to be spelled.
    So I looked it up.

Surprise, surprise! Dictionary.com spelled it fracking. I think it is going to be one of those words that will evolve, and in the end it will be spelled however the majority wish to spell it. To me, 'fracing' just looks wrong, but then so does thought, through, trough, drought, and a whole bunch of other words in the English dictionary. Thank God (sometimes) for spell check. Which, BTW, just underlined in red my word 'fracking' but also underlined fracing.

If you had read as many completion reports, field studies and well files as I have you would be satisfied it is fracing. But the LSM has to make up their own rules. You'll only find the 'k' in media and academia discussions of the fracturing process. Probably because "it just looked right" - oh he** - nobody cares except us folks who carry out the process.

----

Yep - the flaming water has been there for over 100 years according to some local history.
    Check out my post re: the truthland movie and see the man light his kitchen tap. He will note that his grandfather was able to do the same thing and there is no drilling much less fracturing going on any where within miles.
    Check out Azerbiajan some time. Translated it is "Land of Fire" where gas seeps from the ground in a continual flame. Most of those sites are centers of worship and local religion.
    We lost 4 rigs in three month in the Arkoma basin running into gas charged sands at very shallow depths where no gas had been seen before - of couse, neither had those particular sends either..
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I love how environmentalists want to shut down all the oil production in the most environmentally protected country on the entire planet, and since they've succeeded to shutting down oil drilling we now require MORE oil to be drilled from other countries they have close to non-existent environmental protections.

I guess as long as they don't SEE the pollution it doesn't exist right?

Also, the "gasland" documentary was indeed wrong, even without fracing the water had enough methane in it to combust.

P.s combust and misandry is both considered to be spelled wrong, I check misandry because a lot of people don't think it exists lol.