Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 REPORT: FBI Investigated Over 100 Suspected Islamic Extremists In US Military 
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation has investigated over 100 cases of suspected Islamic extremists either in the U.S. military or closely associated with it.

About a dozen of the cases are considered “serious,” according to a report from National Public Radio — based on a closed House-Senate committee hearing in December. There is no indication as to whether the number has increased in the ensuing six months. This is the first time the number of cases has been publicly reported.

“Serious” cases include suspects who are planning attacks or are in touch with “dangerous individuals.”

Both the FBI and Department of Defense declined to comment to The Daily Caller about the investigations.

Sources familiar with the investigation confirmed the case number to NPR. The threats reportedly include both active and reserve military personnel, individuals with access to military facilities and even family members of people with military dependent ID cards.

Since the 2009 Fort Hood massacre — in which a radicalized Army Major opened fire on base, killing 13 and injuring dozens more — the Pentagon and FBI have been on high alert to prevent similar attacks.

“I was surprised and struck by the numbers; they were larger than I expected,” Connecticut independent Sen. Joseph Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security, said.

“I know one can say that as a percentage of the millions of people in active military service or working with contractors, the numbers you talk about are a small percentage of the total,” he added, “but the reality is it only took one man, Nidal Hasan, to kill 13 people at Fort Hood and injure a lot more.”

Lieberman would not confirm the numbers.

Hasan faces the death penalty. His trial begins August 20.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/26/re...n-us-military/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

How awful.. The war goes on, even if liberals say it's overblown. ugh
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Too bad Islamic extremists are not the only enemies of freedom we need to worry about now. This next election certainly proves it. Unfortunately ...

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.

- Thomas Jefferson
    This unfortunately is becoming the unstated argument more and more with each passing election... so long as we still have elections.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Given the particularly vile strain of PC that has infected the Pentagon...I'm surprised this actually happened.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Given the particularly vile strain of PC that has infected the Pentagon...I'm surprised this actually happened.
    I'm not. Nidal Hasan was a wake up call to a lot of commanders, and they decided that they would start looking at the problem. However, I'm surprised that the exoneration rate is so high. Generally, when a commander asks the FBI to investigate a Soldier, there's serious probably cause. What will be surprising is if the IG doesn't get a bunch of complaints against the commanders from investigated Muslims.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    That and the State Dept used to be of particular concern.

But the 0bamanoid has made the infection virile.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'm not. Nidal Hasan was a wake up call to a lot of commanders, and they decided that they would start looking at the problem. However, I'm surprised that the exoneration rate is so high. Generally, when a commander asks the FBI to investigate a Soldier, there's serious probably cause. What will be surprising is if the IG doesn't get a bunch of complaints against the commanders from investigated Muslims.
    As well it should have been! It boggles the mind how he kept getting promoted even in the face of obvious concerns. I'm glad they're investigating now, even if too late for Ft. Hood.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

If 0dummie has anything to do with stopping terrorists or a terrorist attack its only because he fears he might lose votes ... including those from some of his kook fringe base. Muslim "outreach" and all that bs ...

That's supposing the result of such an investigation did something. Something besides uncover bias against muslims that is. The only thing true about Nidal Hassan is that it SHOULD have been a wake up call. It wasn't, not beyond the most basic level. At the highest level it was judged to be work place violence.

Its a wonder Adolf Maobama hasnt banned the use of the two words "Islamic + extremists" together in the same sentence.

It appears the only extremists this regime wont tolerate are of the "right wing" variety. Which includes rinos and moderates and independents ... and even leftists that dont agree them. If your an average, everyday American... you are targeted.