1. #1 Beware of "False-Flag Sexism" 
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/us...3women.html?hp

This article by the NYTimes (rag that it is) is only today talking about the very real misogynist comments that were leveled at Clinton and her supporters. This article in no way helps Senator Clinton or those of us women who were dragged through the mud by Obama supporters, especially at the DUmp, where we were called the c-word, the b-word and whatever else they wanted to drag out.

What this article is for is to protect Michelle Obama. Her racist and ugly comments are circulating all over the web. Her rather alarming political opinions and her support of her husband's Messiah-hood are also making the rounds. What is going to happen now is the false-flag charge of "sexism" is going to be made when anybody criticizes Obama's baby mama for anything. Anything at all.

Meaning, if that whitey tape does come out, we'll be accused of sexism for finding it racist. Also meaning that NOW, which has sat on its fucking hands throughout the primary, will suddenly become vocal defending Michalle Obama.

Just a head's up. And know that real feminists (not the "professional" ones at NOW) know that these false charges of sexism against Michell Obama will be trumped up.

“Largely, the problem was on cable and in the blogosphere and on the Internet, and that’s a relatively small audience,” said Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania. “But while it was limited, it was limited to influential people.”
    Are you kidding me? Cable news and the internet is where most people get their news these days.

I found it interesting that there was no mention of Fox. I would have liked to have seen what the findings were. For a network that was claimed to be so anti-Clinton in general I think they did a nice job with her interiews and treated her very respectfully. It forced Obama to give them an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Are you kidding me? Cable news and the internet is where most people get their news these days.

I found it interesting that there was no mention of Fox. I would have liked to have seen what the findings were. For a network that was claimed to be so anti-Clinton in general I think they did a nice job with her interiews and treated her very respectfully. It forced Obama to give them an interview.
    Actually, that is true. You'd be surprised how many Clinton supporters have started to tune into Fox for that very reason. I have even heard some CLinton supporters--now hold on to your hat--say that O'Rielly has more guts than Olbermann. Seriously.:)