1. #1 Summer Fragrances 
    Power CUer
    I just put in an order for two old favorites. Do you wear different fragrances in summer than you do in winter? I do - I don't want anything heavy in summer at all. My two favorites are Fidji (Guy Laroche; introduced in 1966), and Fleurs de Rocaille (Caron; introduced in 1930). Fleurs de Rocaille was my very first perfume - my mother decided I was old enough for my first fragrance, on my first trip to Paris, when I was fourteen. It's still my very favorite.

I loved the last scene in "Scent of a Woman", when a teacher walks by and Al Pacino inhales deeply and says happily, "Fleurs de Rocaille!"
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I hope other respondents have a better answer than I. My daughter has asthma and I can't wear perfume.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Power CUer
    That's too bad. I do try to use it "responsibly" - I don't overwhelm others with fragrance.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    That's too bad. I do try to use it "responsibly" - I don't overwhelm others with fragrance.
    That's good. We have to change seats sometimes in church because someone is swimming in it. Other places too. Before I had her, it never occurred to me how intrusive it can be if overdone. I do miss it though.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Not that many fragrances smell good on me-only vanilla scents work. I wear Opium year round. People try to sell me other fragrances, but most of the products that they are always trying to spray on me at Macys give me a headache.

They make a lighter, summer version of Opium, but I don't like it.

Any fragrance has started giving me headaches. Most fragrances somehow smell like bug spray to me. I have some lovely fragrances on my little dressing table in the bathroom, but I never use them.

I sadly have to stand way back when my older son is around, because he wears too much fragrance (to be fair, anything is too much to me).

It must be an allergy of some sort that occured later in my life. I have a fragrance by Lalique in a beautiful little bottle that I purchased in the Carib, a nice smelling Donna Karan fragrance, miscellaneous Chanel fragrances, all unused and looking pretty in their bottles, which I dust on occasions.

Linda #'s, I remember from long ago some of those Caron fragrances. They were lovely.

Gina, I guess I join you in never wearing any fragrances. And Noonwitch, I'm with you with the headaches.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

My favorite summer fragrances are Steak, burgers, Dogs and Corn on the cob on the grill.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    My favorite summer fragrances are Steak, burgers, Dogs and Corn on the cob on the grill.
    All excellent masculine choices, guaranteed to attract females!