Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1 Gay activists going after the Boy Scouts again 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1593595.html

    A high-profile member of the Boy Scouts of America's governing board says he doesn't support the Scouts' policy of excluding gays and will work from within to seek a change.

    Ernst & Young CEO James Turley, whose accounting firm has welcomed gays and lesbians in its own work force, becomes the first member of the Scouts' Executive Board known to publicly disapprove of the policy.

    "I support the meaningful work of the Boy Scouts in preparing young people for adventure, leadership, learning and service, however the membership policy is not one I would personally endorse," Turley said in a statement released by his company.

    "As I have done in leading Ernst & Young to being a most inclusive organization, I intend to continue to work from within the BSA Board to actively encourage dialogue and sustainable progress," Turley said.

    The Boy Scouts responded Wednesday with a joint statement from the two top leaders, National President Wayne Perry and Chief Scout Executive Robert Mazzuca.

    "The Boy Scouts of America respects the opinions of our board members and are thankful for their leadership," the statement said. "While we have supporters and board members with different viewpoints on this issue, and who may choose a different direction for their organizations, we believe that good people can personally disagree on this topic and still work together."

    Last week, the Scouts confirmed there will be a review of a resolution that would allow individual units to accept gays as adult leaders. However, the organization issued a statement saying the review was merely routine procedure, and there were no plans to change the membership policy.
    I saw someone post a pretty good question on Facebook about this: why are gays, their supporters and their lawyers so interested in the Boy Scouts? He then posted a few links that might answer why:

    http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/127...ng-Sex-Charges

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-assault.html

    http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/07/29/38558.htm

    http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/02/15/34213.htm

    And don't give me that shit about "pedophiles aren't homosexuals." Jesse Dirkhising's murder proved that to be a 100% fraudulent argument.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,408
    I think the argument you were trying to make is that you think homosexuals are pedophiles, not that pedophiles are homosexuals. Otherwise it is difficult to explain the large number of criminal cases involving heterosexual men and female child victims. I don't have exact numbers, but most child sexual abuse cases are of a heterosexual nature, with a male perps and female victims.


    I will say this-the sexual abuse of children is a crime that in the vast majority of cases is perpetrated by those of the male gender, heterosexual or homosexual. Like, over 90% of the time, the perp is a male.

    Whether Jerry Sandusky or some priest molests boys or a teacher or neighbor molests girls, it's all the same crime. It's not a worse crime to be a homosexual child molester than to be a heterosexual child molester, because either way, the person is a child molesting scumbag.

    Also, sex crimes are not crimes of lust. They are crimes of violence, that involve motives of power and control, and sometimes of revenge. A molester picks a child victim for reasons beyond just sexual attraction. It's about victimizing a powerless invidividual, not about sexual desire.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    While some pedophiles are homosexuals and some homosexuals are pedophiles, I think it is safe to say that not all homosexuals are pedophiles and vice versa. With that said, this stuff does happen. Inappropriate relationships have been around for a long time. Hopefully we can continue to end them and ultimately stop them before it happens.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,265
    Regardless of the question concerning pedophiles and homosexuals, the bigger question is why do they want to belong to a private organization that doesn't believe in the same things that they do? The only answer I can come up with is that they desire to change the principles of the organization to something more to their liking.

    Why don't they just start their own organization with their own principles instead of changing the existing organization?

    There is more at issue here than letting gays became leaders of the Boy Scouts. For some the desire for acceptance is so strong that when they can't gain inclusion they will seek to destroy.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Regardless of the question concerning pedophiles and homosexuals, the bigger question is why do they want to belong to a private organization that doesn't believe in the same things that they do? The only answer I can come up with is that they desire to change the principles of the organization to something more to their liking.

    Why don't they just start their own organization with their own principles instead of changing the existing organization?

    There is more at issue here than letting gays became leaders of the Boy Scouts. For some the desire for acceptance is so strong that when they can't gain inclusion they will seek to destroy.
    Completely agree. It is a private organization, they can make their own rules.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Regardless of the question concerning pedophiles and homosexuals, the bigger question is why do they want to belong to a private organization that doesn't believe in the same things that they do? The only answer I can come up with is that they desire to change the principles of the organization to something more to their liking.

    Why don't they just start their own organization with their own principles instead of changing the existing organization?

    There is more at issue here than letting gays became leaders of the Boy Scouts. For some the desire for acceptance is so strong that when they can't gain inclusion they will seek to destroy.
    Yes. This is very ACLUish in nature, trying to politicize something that isn't really a place their nose needs to be.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,126
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Regardless of the question concerning pedophiles and homosexuals, the bigger question is why do they want to belong to a private organization that doesn't believe in the same things that they do? The only answer I can come up with is that they desire to change the principles of the organization to something more to their liking.

    Why don't they just start their own organization with their own principles instead of changing the existing organization?

    There is more at issue here than letting gays became leaders of the Boy Scouts. For some the desire for acceptance is so strong that when they can't gain inclusion they will seek to destroy.
    Its whats liberals/perverts do, instead of starting their own clubs or organisations they infiltrate good/wholesome institutions and subvert them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think the argument you were trying to make is that you think homosexuals are pedophiles, not that pedophiles are homosexuals.
    Let me clarify: some homosexuals are pedophiles and some heterosexuals are pedophiles, and they clearly are homosexuals and heterosexuals. Homosexuals and their supporters will try to tell you that men who prey upon boys are not homosexual, as if "pedophile" is a sexual orientation unto itself. It's not. They don't want the connection made between the two because they know that it's a fact that there are more homosexual pedophiles than heterosexual ones.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Let me clarify: some homosexuals are pedophiles and some heterosexuals are pedophiles, and they clearly are homosexuals and heterosexuals. Homosexuals and their supporters will try to tell you that men who prey upon boys are not homosexual, as if "pedophile" is a sexual orientation unto itself. It's not. They don't want the connection made between the two because they know that it's a fact that there are more homosexual pedophiles than heterosexual ones.
    I see your point, but I think their issue is more that they want a connection made that there are more homosexuals than there are homosexual pedophiles. That's how I look at it having gay relatives. But it's irrelevant. The Boy Scouts is a private entity they can say no to someone for being gay. If that is an issue, maybe the homosexual community, or a seperate community entirely, can start a similar organization with less restrictions when it comes to sexual orientation. Just a thought.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I see your point, but I think their issue is more that they want a connection made that there are more homosexuals than there are homosexual pedophiles. That's how I look at it having gay relatives. But it's irrelevant. The Boy Scouts is a private entity they can say no to someone for being gay. If that is an issue, maybe the homosexual community, or a seperate community entirely, can start a similar organization with less restrictions when it comes to sexual orientation. Just a thought.
    Yeah, they can, but to them, it wouldn't have the same impact as tearing down the Boy Scouts' stance on the issue. That's all the care about. They don't give a damn if any homosexual becomes a Scout or a Scout leader. All they care about is forcing the Scouts to submit to their will.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •