Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Its whats liberals/perverts do, instead of starting their own clubs or organisations they infiltrate good/wholesome institutions and subvert them.
    They have their own clubs...NAMBLA ACTUP GLADD etc.

The problem is that they want to impose their social views on organizations that don't agree with them.

Amazing to me how that's always ok for Liberal organizations to do...but never for Conservatives.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    ......... the bigger question is why do they want to belong to a private organization that doesn't believe in the same things that they do?
    My dad was a Scout leader before I was born. After Dad became father to three kids, he must not have had the time to spend with it, but his Scouting career spanned his youth and well past college. I have no idea why he was a Scout leader, maybe he found it rewarding. Why is anyone a Scout leader? Why do people volunteer to work with the elderly and the handicapped? You can find cases of abuse in all of those categories, but you don't attribute them to a demographic, do you? What you are engaging in is confirmation bias; because you want to demonize gay people, when you find a case you think supports that meme then you attribute it to the group rather than the individual. Isn't that Identity Politics that you complain about? Actually, it's just ignorance and prejudice, isn't it?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Yeah, they can, but to them, it wouldn't have the same impact as tearing down the Boy Scouts' stance on the issue. That's all the care about. They don't give a damn if any homosexual becomes a Scout or a Scout leader. All they care about is forcing the Scouts to submit to their will.
    Who is "they"? You have a story here where one board member says that he's unhappy with the policy and finds it inconsistent with at least American corporate culture if not the culture in its entirety.

The Boy Scouts won the right to discriminate in court. That doesn't make it the right thing to do. Just because something is legal, doesn't make it moral. I would add that the Scouts then whined to anyone who would listen when municipal governments and other agencies started treating them like a private club. Boo hoo! You can't discriminate against gay kids who want to be scouts and still get a free slip at the Berkeley Marina as if your membership were open to all boys of a certain age range; imagine that.

BTW, our local Scout Troop is run by lesbians and doesn't discriminate because if they do they will lose a building that we the taxpayers gave them, that we pay to keep up, and which pays no taxes. That's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Who is "they"? You have a story here where one board member says that he's unhappy with the policy and finds it inconsistent with at least American corporate culture if not the culture in its entirety.
    The DNC...NAMBLA...GLADD...ACLU and all the other alphabet gay agenda driving "institutions" taht push this kind of crap.

The Boy Scouts won the right to discriminate in court. That doesn't make it the right thing to do. Just because something is legal, doesn't make it moral. I would add that the Scouts then whined to anyone who would listen when municipal governments and other agencies started treating them like a private club. Boo hoo! You can't discriminate against gay kids who want to be scouts and still get a free slip at the Berkeley Marina as if your membership were open to all boys of a certain age range; imagine that.
    Therea re private colleges and clubs all over the country that are within their right to set their own membership standards.

You're just pissed cause this one particular private club won't let you indoctrinate young impressionable boys with a deviant lifestyle.

Boo frickin hoo.

I can't attend Smith College...should I sue to get my way? Or is it only Liberals that get to firce their views on people that don't agree with them and get away with it?

BTW, our local Scout Troop is run by lesbians and doesn't discriminate because if they do they will lose a building that we the taxpayers gave them, that we pay to keep up, and which pays no taxes. That's how it works.
    Wow...THAT is really teaching those young boys virture and morals.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Just because something is legal, doesn't make it moral.
    When a conservative says that, it's wrong. Gay marriage for example. Legal in some states, immoral in all. I'll wait for you to say I'm intolerant or whatever but your statement cuts both ways.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    My dad was a Scout leader before I was born. After Dad became father to three kids, he must not have had the time to spend with it, but his Scouting career spanned his youth and well past college. I have no idea why he was a Scout leader, maybe he found it rewarding. Why is anyone a Scout leader? Why do people volunteer to work with the elderly and the handicapped? You can find cases of abuse in all of those categories, but you don't attribute them to a demographic, do you? What you are engaging in is confirmation bias; because you want to demonize gay people, when you find a case you think supports that meme then you attribute it to the group rather than the individual. Isn't that Identity Politics that you complain about? Actually, it's just ignorance and prejudice, isn't it?
    I am not demonizing gay people as a whole and I am not engaging in and act of confirmation bias because I am not trying to confirm anything. I am questioning why some gay people want to change the principles of an organization that has values contrary to theirs and I am speculating on the causes of such behavior. I would ask this same question of the women of NOW who want to see the Augusta National accept women members if there were a current news article on the subject.

You have responded to my post but you didn't address the issue I brought up. Why do these individuals, who want to change the Boy Scouts policies, not start a form of Boys Scouts for themselves with their own policies? What purpose are they trying to achieve? What does it gain them that cannot be achieved by less invasive action?

Perhaps you can spend some thought on these questions rather making off-base observations speculating on my motives for posting. I have no issues with gays and their actions in the secular world. My only issue with gays (not gays as a whole but individual gays) whose efforts seem to be spend on altering the principles of faith based or private organizations. If gays want to get married then I am fine with that as long as churches whose moral stance is against it are not forced to perform the services. I believe that gays should not be discriminated against in employment, housing, healthcare and any other public activity that heterosexuals enjoy.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    When a conservative says that, it's wrong. Gay marriage for example. Legal in some states, immoral in all. I'll wait for you to say I'm intolerant or whatever but your statement cuts both ways.
    Gay marriage... abortion... smoking pot...