Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 House votes to hold Holder in Contempt 
    BREAKING: House votes 255-67 to hold AG Eric Holder in criminal contempt of Congress for withholding documents in the Fast and Furious probe

Link

Looks like she's getting ready to say sh!t.
    Last edited by Gina; 06-28-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: added link
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

255 to 57! Wow! Now, that's a statement.

Obama has had a day, I'd say. Individual mandate upheld, and Holder excoriated (well, held in contempt, anyway). I would imagine he has a hard time figuring out what to talk about. But, no fear; talk, he will.

So no united Dem walk-out, huh? Just 65? Anyone know who the 65 were?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    So no united Dem walk-out, huh? Just 65? Anyone know who the 65 were?
    Here's the list of who voted and who are the 2 year old children masquerading as Representatives.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll441.xml

Of course one of the children that had a temper tantrum and walked out was my representative Mike Honda. No surprise to me.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

2 "contemptible" peas in a pod.

Apparently its the first time in American history that Congress has imposed
    that sanction on a sitting member of a president’s cabinet. Holder is also held in civil contempt.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

2 "contemptible" peas in a pod.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The amazing thing is that 108 Democrats didn't vote at all. That's astonishing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The amazing thing is that 108 Democrats didn't vote at all. That's astonishing.
    [Low class understanding] Not really, it's about power.[/low class understanding]

The One did nothing more...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I didn't think this necessarily warranted its own thread so I thought I'd post it here. Maybe this isn't such a big deal but it really rubbed me the wrong way.

Nancy Pelosi Botches Brian Terry's Name While Addressing Congress on Holder Contempt Charges

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz1zDp5jI9l
    House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), while speaking on the House floor opposing the contempt charges of Attorney General Eric Holder, actually botched the name of slain border patrol agent Brian Terry.

As she expressed condolences to his family, Pelosi called him "Brian Tay, Tay, Terry" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Video at link

NANCY PELOSI: I think we all also agree, I think we all very, very much agree that we are very sad and seek justice for the family of border patrol agent Brian Tay, Tay, Terry. His loss is a tragedy for all who knew him, for all of us who care about him, and we offer our condolences to his family. So sad.

You would think someone would actually know how to pronounce the name of the person you're expressing condolences for.

Shows how on top of this investigation the Minority Leader is, doesn't it?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    I didn't think this necessarily warranted its own thread so I thought I'd post it here. Maybe this isn't such a big deal but it really rubbed me the wrong way.

Nancy Pelosi Botches Brian Terry's Name While Addressing Congress on Holder Contempt Charges

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz1zDp5jI9l
    Brian Terry wasn't the kind of person that Pelosi associated with. He didn't attend Georgetown cocktail parties or San Francisco fundraisers, so to her, he was a non-person. Getting his name wrong was just part of that lack of concern for him, his family and the 200-300 Mexicans murdered by the drug cartels with those weapons.

I just finished Paul Johnson's book, Intellectuals: From Marx and Tolstoy to Sartre and Chomsky (P.S.). One of the recurring traits of intellectuals of the left is their lack of empathy for real people. They are emphatic about ideas and grand gestures, but utterly indifferent to individual suffering, especially if they cause it. Pelosi is nobody's idea of an intellectual, but she follows their lead.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!