1. #1 In honor of the SC ruling today... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I had a tooth extracted, a wisdom tooth that had been giving me
    some trouble.

On the positive side...ice cream for dinner!!!!!

This is only the second tooth I've needed to have pulled, the other
    being another wisdom one up in St. Louis.

Feel sorry for me...
    May the FORCE be with you!

So what you are saying is that you are less wise.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    So what you are saying is that you are less wise.

I'm numb is what I am...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Gimme a break SR - I was flossing last hight and had half a tooth pop out into the sink. Went to the dentist today and find I need to get that one and the one next to it extracted by an oral surgeon whose first appointment is July 26th.

;)
    Last edited by Retread; 06-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Cry me a river, guys!

Years ago, at great expense mind, I had a crown put on ... which later led to dreadful pain ... and then had to have a root canal done through the GUM!!!

Talk about oral surgery ... had a black gum with stitches for weeks.

Wimps! ...

Then again, must admit that was back in the "The Dark Ages" of dentistry! *groan!*

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Cry me a river, guys!

Years ago, at great expense mind, I had a crown put on ... which later led to dreadful pain ... and then had to have a root canal done through the GUM!!!

Talk about oral surgery ... had a black gum with stitches for weeks.

Wimps! ...

Then again, must admit that was back in the "The Dark Ages" of dentistry! *groan!*

~ ABC

Don't even get me started woman!!

1955 - over the handlebars and into the road and came back missing a goodly portion of my eyetooth. Had to live with that gap until I was 18 before the doc would cap it.
    Years later, filled with doctors seeing a dark spot at the root, I finally had a root canal in 1978. The doc drilled it all out, plugged up the hole with cotton to let it sit while the new cap was being made and then I caught an offshore job. The gum swelled up, the face swelled up and there was no relief from the shore. I took every pain pill offered and still couldn't get a nap much less sleep.
    4 days and 3 nights of that and when I hit the docks I drove directly to the doc's place and threatened him with major body fragmentation if he didn't do something.
    When he pulled out the cotton stopper blood, pus and general body fluids spewed all over his dressy white shirt. He loaded a tube-tipped syringe with saline and spouted it into the hole. After the top of my head made a round trip from the gulf of Mexico to the Montana Rockies, the pain was gone.
    Then in 1995 the tooth started migrating (eventually proved to be legal). Investigation showed up an abscess that had ate the bone away so the tooth had no place to anchor and had to came out via more split gum and necrotic tissue removal. Scraping the jaw bone with a spatula is no way to spend a spring afternoon. Today that gap is filled by a 5 tooth permanent bridge built while the two teeth on either side were being capped.

Now that is one of the 4 currently missing teeth not counting the one that split in two last night.

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

When we got to the office, the sign was changed outside the building. It had the name of the oral surgeon and a new name. SR signed in, and they insisted on taking his pic. Later, I made a crack to this guy sitting next to me in the waiting room (who was holding his wife's purse) about having the pic of the doc sent to the patients.

If it's a young guy, grab your credit card and RUN!! SR had a price quoted for the extraction a few months ago by the oral surgeon's office. Problem is, there was this young looking kid bouncing around, talking to the staff. Turns out he's the new doc who bought the practice. They didn't bother to tell SR that the original doc (who's the one with the reputation of being the best oral surgeon in Sarasota) was no longer there. I guess he sold his practice.

Surprise, surprise, the bill was not quite double what the other surgeon had quoted. I guess we have to help pay off the new guy's student loans.

I can see more dental vacation trips to St Louis in the future, where our dentist there charges less, is honest and doesn't push unnecessary stuff, and gives a 10% discount if you don't have dental insurance (which we don't).

I'm glad that we at least found good doctors here; dentists are another story.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"