Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Our new addition 

Poor dog was going to go to the pound until my GF intervened, his name is Vader (yes they say he looks like darth vader lol i dont see it) he is very lovable but there are some issues with my other dog but nothing major, i am hoping they will get along and he will help Jayden with his separation issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

Poor dog was going to go to the pound until my GF intervened, his name is Vader (yes they say he looks like darth vader lol i dont see it) he is very lovable but there are some issues with my other dog but nothing major, i am hoping they will get along and he will help Jayden with his separation issues.
    See a few resemblances to SR (just kidding, dear).

What are the issues with the other dog? They should get used to each other soon; hope it works out for you. Is Jayden getting any better with the separation anxiety?

We've had Bella since December, after we lost Xena, and she's getting along with Darlene just fine. Sometimes they show some jealousy, but there's no aggression, only some jostling each other for what they consider the prime spot for attention, etc.

By the way, he's adorable.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    HEY!!!!

Cute poocher!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

She is cute! Good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

What are the issues with the other dog? They should get used to each other soon; hope it works out for you. Is Jayden getting any better with the separation anxiety?

We've had Bella since December, after we lost Xena, and she's getting along with Darlene just fine. Sometimes they show some jealousy, but there's no aggression, only some jostling each other for what they consider the prime spot for attention, etc.

I read an article yesterday on dogs for lazy people(I'm lazy);they listed greyhounds as an excellent choice. Ironic being that they are/were racers, but in the home, they are low key and only require a daily walk according to the article.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

No it hasnt help Jayden yet and NOW VADOR IS BARKING AS WELL :(

They are working out their issues with dominance and jayden is a bit shaky around him but its getting a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    She is cute! Good on you!
    Its a he....

Ok NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM(S) with Vador, he isnt eating his food, he is drinking water and if i give him a treat he eats it (as well if i sneak him a piece of my food). Is it common for a dog not to eat in a new home? we put his food out and make sure its fresh.

SECOND PROBLEM: well we found out not only does jayden still bark when left alone or with Vador NOW VADOR BARKS AS WELL :( I cant catch a break, I dont want to put him in a shelter ( I dont have the heart to do that) but I dont know what to do.

My Girlfriend took jayden to a friends fathers house last weekend well her friends niece had a female Chiwaha(sorry spelling) well those two hit it off and were fast friends, the owner is moving away and we asked if we could have her, the mother didnt mind but her 10 year old daughter did mind. :(

So now i am looking for a female chiwaha :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    My Girlfriend took jayden to a friends fathers house last weekend well her friends niece had a female Chiwaha(sorry spelling) well those two hit it off and were fast friends, the owner is moving away and we asked if we could have her, the mother didnt mind but her 10 year old daughter did mind. :(

So now i am looking for a female chiwaha :)
    You, my friend, are a glutton for punishment. Pretty soon you'll have 3 barking dogs. God bless you and your girlfriend for giving those dogs a good home.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"