1. #1 And so it begins/continues: Obama says health care law created penalty, not tax 
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...58a71914623a4d

The White House is pushing back against questions about whether President Barack Obama's health care law would mean new taxes for many people.

A day after the Supreme Court upheld the law, White House press secretary Jay Carney says the law will create a "penalty" that will affect about 1 percent of those who refuse to get health insurance.

He says the penalty was modeled after the one put in place in Massachusetts when Republican Mitt Romney was governor. Romney is now Obama's presidential challenger.

The "tax" versus "penalty" label is important because the court said the penalty essentially is a tax, and that's why the government has the power to impose it.

Republicans have said the health care law will amount to a large tax increase for many people.
    I think it's pretty clear that if SCOTUS had struck down Obamacare, Obama would've just ignored their ruling. He is, after all, our god and king.

I came upon this gem earlier:

Much of the cost burden of the Afforable Care Act will be shouldered by the health care industry and employers that provide workers with insurance.
    You either have to be an incredible 0bama hack to believe this or there's no way someone could write this with a straight face.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

You either have to be an incredible 0bama hack to believe this or there's no way someone could write this with a straight face.
    It's the same as the concept of taxing businesses. You don't tax businesses because they pass the tax on to their consumers, generally the middle class adn the poor.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

These people are completely out of touch with reality.