1. #1 US student fighting for life after chimpanzee attack 
    An American student wildlife ranger was fighting for his life on Thursday night after being attacked by two chimpanzees at a world famous sanctuary in South Africa.
    By Aislinn Laing, Johannesburg

7:51PM BST 28 Jun 2012

27 Comments

The man had been studying chimpanzee behaviour at the South African reserve of renowned British primatologist Jane Goodall when two of the animals dragged him for almost a kilometre, under a fence and almost a kilometre into their enclosure.

Paramedics said the man had been left in a critical condition after the "frenzied" assault, in which he suffered serious wounds and multiple bites.

Colleagues at the Jane Goodall Institute Chimp Eden near the city of Nelspruit in eastern South Africa said last night that they were "very upset" by the attack, the first in their six years of operation.

The centre was set up to rehabilitate chimpanzees rescued from circuses, zoos and the bushmeat trade across Africa.

It is presently home to 33 chimpanzees who are kept in large enclosures where they can be visited by tourists who pay £10 to join one of three daily tours.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...ee-attack.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Just goes to prove just how human-like they are.

I bet the next person will think twice before just grabbing Michelle's ice cream from the fridge.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

In the primate world, the chimps are the most vicious. The producers of the original Planer of the Apes had it completely wrong.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

If you check the logs, you'll see that Articulate Ape was online all day when the attack happened, and the IP address was nowhere near it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!