Rep. Gohmert: ‘It’s Time for the American People to Get Outraged’

(CNSNews.com) – Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Thursday that ‘It’s time for the American people to get outraged,” after the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act mandate on all Americans to purchase health or pay a tax.

The Texas Republican congressman and former judge also said Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan “may need to be impeached” if she lied about her involvement in the legal defense of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) -- otherwise known as Obamacare—when she was Solicitor General in 2010. >>>

“It’s time for the American people to get outraged,” Gohmert added.

“And I think it’s time now especially that this opinion is out to look and see whether Justice Kagan lied in order to get on the Supreme Court,” he said. “If Attorney General [Eric] Holder is refusing to answer questions about her role in this case, in this legislation because she may need to be impeached if she lied to get on the court.” >>>

Throughout the healthcare debate, President Barack Obama repeatedly said the individual mandate is not a tax. On Thursday Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for a 5-4 majority, upheld the mandate as constitutional under the federal government’s taxing authority.

More@CNSNews ...

------------------------------------------------

I luv this guy. I only started noticing him about a year ago. He is one of the few old fashioned, plain spoken, out spoken patriotic congressmen we have.