Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Why do people drive SUVs? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How about cause doing so annoys LibTards???

Sun Jul 1, 2012, 04:40 PM
    primavera

Why do people drive SUVs?

Seriously, I'm baffled. Everywhere I look, I see people driving SUVs, but I really don't get the attraction. SUVs are big and top heavy, so they don't handle particularly well and parking them is a bitch. They get poor gas mileage and put out a correspondingly high quantity of emissions, so they're not especially green vehicles. They're expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, expensive to fill up, so they're hardly the vehicle of choice for the economically conscious. I understand why someone with a big family would value a minivan. I understand why someone like a building contractor who needs to haul heavy loads would value a truck. I understand why someone who is into outdoor activities and drives a lot over uneven, rough roads would value something like a Jeep. I understand why someone into sporty performance would value a sports car. All of these are reasons I can fathom for driving a big, unwieldy, expensive, fuel inefficient, high emission vehicle. As far as I can tell, though, a SUV offers none of these perks, only the disadvantages of a big gas guzzler. Yet they remain the most popular vehicle in the country. Can anyone explain this to me? Surely someone here must love SUVs and can tell me what the attraction is, no?
    What a self-important asshole...

Oh, another reason. It's none of your fucking bidness what or why I drive anything.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Just another Moonbat who can't figure out the simplest things in the world.

Because its easier then walking, dumbass.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Just another Moonbat who can't figure out the simplest things in the world.

Because its easier then walking, dumbass.
    And unlike the DUmmies......we can afford them, and the cost of the gas.......

doc

Because they look different. Cars today look like they're all built on the same assembly line.

Because they're available in 4wd, which is nice in snow and mud.

Because they're taller than cars and you can see farther down the road.

Because we can afford to drive them and, really, ours gets low 20's mpg which isn't bad. And I don't care about the mileage.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

SUVs are big and top heavy, so they don't handle particularly well and parking them is a bitch.
    Only if you are incompetent. I have a Blazer, which is a smaller type of SUV, but it handles just fine and I can park it with little problem -- even parallel parking.

They get poor gas mileage and put out a correspondingly high quantity of emissions, so they're not especially green vehicles.
    B-o-o-h-o-o. The planet will survive.

They're expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, expensive to fill up, so they're hardly the vehicle of choice for the economically conscious.
    Better than having to get my ass towed out of the snowbank every time we get winter storms where I live. Towing is bloody expensive.

I guess we could all buy Chevy Volts for 40 grand and drive 25 miles before it switches to gas.

I'd rather by a new Escape for 20K and bank the difference. Or, if I wanted to spend 40K, I'd be driving a Ford Expedition 4wd.

The future is windmill cars, the faster you drive the more electricity they make.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I remember this ad. Couldn't get it bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The future is windmill cars, the faster you drive the more electricity they make.
    Given the liberal mindset, I think this is more in line with the future they want:

Seats up to 7

all wheel drive

290hp & 21mpg

More airbags than a Bu$h hating thread at DU.

Suck it DUmmies.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.