Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Completed Tuesday 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well, we finally got the last of the Pergo fixed up (trim mostly) and a couple
    of other things in the kitchen. The carpet went in smooth with zero problems
    and looks greyt! These two crews did a very good job!

TOTD: Yes! There is one this time! :D What home improvement project are you working on or have planned in the near future?

Going to be nice here today, sunny and in the upper 80's.

Oh...we still have to put some stuf back in the bedrooms. :(:D

Power CUer
    After eighteen years in our house, we can finally say we have no projects planned for the future. Last year we spent a fortune on new windows, and it was money well spent. This year, we're letting the bank account recover a little.

Overcast and high 70's today.

I started a week long deployment yesterday and am posting this in the hotel before heading over to the Disaster Recovery HQ, or, as we like to call it, the stinky basement with the phones. :D

We should be shifting to a new headquarters later today. 30 counties affected and what was lake Delton is now the Delton creek. Flooding, tornado and straight-line wind damage a-go-go. I am working Damage Assessment this time around, so as soon as things get spun up today I should be going out with the first DA teams trying to get a survey done on just what got wrecked.

Gonna be a long week here.

TOTD
    Thank Ghue, all the renovation for the year was done in March.

Next big project is converting our deck into a four season room and using the existing deck parts to form a new one running off the north side of that.

Goldwater
    I keep planning to build a shed, it hasn't come to fruition yet.

My project is to move!

I rented this house when I first moved here; thinking it was very temporary and everything changed. Now I want something more comfortable.

Very warm today (for us) but it's going to be temporary before a cold front comes in for the rest of the week. Yay! Global Warming! I'm hoping to finish my tear down after work today so I can tag the trees Mr. Snaps will destroy.

TOTD: Right this minute Mr. Snaps has torn apart my composting area and is in the process of expanding it and "improving" it. I'm not entirely sure what that means but I do know that at the end of all I will have a composting area that will handily survive a nuclear strike. :D

I am finishing the revamp of the front bed.

http://www.wavewatch.com/Live-Surf-C...=20&RegionID=7

Oogy weather this morning - very little surf.

TOTD: Just finished the new house - don’t ever want to do that again. Enough.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    It's hot, very hot here in the Commie Cesspool of NYC -- supposed to reach 97F today! :eek:

TOTD: I don't do that sort of stuff anymore (hopefully nevermore to quote the black bird). I did enough of it when I was married and into the whole myth. I remember when we bought a house in Jacksonville and chose to sod the entire lawn. What a horrible, dirty job!

BSR
    Been raining for the past week here in the PNW. It sucks.

TOTD: Just put in hardwood floor in the kitchen, remodeled the master bathroom and Guest bathroom. Now on our agenda for the next two months- New cabinets in the kitchen and new carpet for the house (We have a dog and a kid and some NASTY carpet right now)

Banned
    Sunny & hot here

TOTD; Retired 3 years ago and have had the house painted inside and out, new carpet, new countertops, new fixtures, re-bath did the bathtub and wallls, all new furniture , new wall fixtures, clocks and lamps. Good thing I made a few bucks off my real estate investments. My last project is to landscape the yard. Planted several palm trees but only about half finsihed. I have had a blast fixing up my house.