Thread: Completed Tuesday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sunny and hot here today. I'm looking forward to our monsoon season. Hope it arrives soon.

TOTD: I live in an apartment. I'm really not allowed to re-model.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well, we finally got the last of the Pergo fixed up (trim mostly) and a couple
    of other things in the kitchen. The carpet went in smooth with zero problems
    and looks greyt! These two crews did a very good job!

TOTD: Yes! There is one this time! :D What home improvement project are you working on or have planned in the near future?

Going to be nice here today, sunny and in the upper 80's.

Oh...we still have to put some stuf back in the bedrooms. :(:D
    TOTD: We've recently finished repainting both the guest bath and master bathrooms....and the guest bath had a new mirror and medicine cabinet installed (by me, no less...woohoo!). Eventually we want to have the outside of the house repainted. And of course our yard has been an ongoing project. We've been doing some work to it (planting stuff, added an oval border of stone blocks around two oaks in the back, putting in mulch, etc etc) as well as "weed & feed" but we need more damn rain!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    It's hot, very hot here in the Commie Cesspool of NYC -- supposed to reach 97F today! :eek:

TOTD: I don't do that sort of stuff anymore (hopefully nevermore to quote the black bird). I did enough of it when I was married and into the whole myth. I remember when we bought a house in Jacksonville and chose to sod the entire lawn. What a horrible, dirty job!
    We did that in my first house. I was so pleased when we were done but that was A LOT of work. My yard now could use it but I just don't have the energy to do it. I'll pay somebody else to do it this time.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    After eighteen years in our house, we can finally say we have no projects planned for the future. Last year we spent a fortune on new windows, and it was money well spent. This year, we're letting the bank account recover a little.
    Fortunately when I bought the house a couple of years ago the previous owners had already put in all new windows, new siding, new AC and furnace, new wall double oven, new Jenaire stovetop. But it badly needed painting in the living room, dining room, and 2 bedrooms. I had all that done, plus the front porch mudjacked.

Since Garrett moved here, we've done the Pergo, carpeting and finally have window coverings (wooden blinds) on the living room and dining room windows.

The next project, but will wait a while, will be new countertops. Those white formica ones are looking pretty bad. Also need a new sink. Other than that, don't think the house is worth spending too much more on.

Linda, those windows really help. Our utility bills are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Been raining for the past week here in the PNW. It sucks.

TOTD: Just put in hardwood floor in the kitchen, remodeled the master bathroom and Guest bathroom. Now on our agenda for the next two months- New cabinets in the kitchen and new carpet for the house (We have a dog and a kid and some NASTY carpet right now)
    With our 3 dogs the carpet needed badly to be replaced. It was a solid beige that showed every paw print.

I'm in that "what were we thinking" mode right now. The carpet just doesn't look like the sample we saw at Lowe's. It's a friese (sp), with the appearance somehow of a texture. It's a sand color, actually called sandpiper. It's the Stainguard carpet. In the daylight and in the store you don't notice the specks that much. But at night, it looks like someone took a paint brush and just threw speckles of dark paint all over the carpet. :eek: We picked it, so can't protest. Besides, SR likes it.

The good thing is you'll never notice paw prints on it. You're too busy seeing all those speckles. :D

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    i'm thinking i might vacuum the living room sometime in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    i'm thinking i might vacuum the living room sometime in the near future
    Don't overdo it. Take it slow. Start by just finding the vacuum cleaner.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Don't overdo it. Take it slow. Start by just finding the vacuum cleaner.
    yeah, you're right, okay then

any idea what exactly it would look like?

When my three sons were younger my vac was usually sitting in the living room. I used to tell visitors "And this is my fourth son, Hoover.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    When my three sons were younger my vac was usually sitting in the living room. I used to tell visitors "And this is my fourth son, Hoover.
    You left it out when you had company?!!!:eek: