Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 75% of Obamacare costs falls on Americans making less than $120,000 a year 

ECONOMIST: 75% of Obamacare costs to fall on Americans making less than $120,000 a year

Take Your Medicine, America … Stephen Moore, Senior Economics Writer with the Wall Street Journal, told FOX and Friends this morning that nearly 75% of Obamacare costs will fall on the backs of those Americans making less than $120,000 a year.

“It’s a big punch in the stomach to middle class families.”

Obamacare: It’s not just a big f***ing deal… It’s a big f***ing tax.

Argued in Court That It Was a Tax… Now They’re Saying It’s Not a Tax Again

A Fraud Has Been Perpetrated On the American Citizenry

---------------------------------------

Ho-hum. Another day in 0bamaville.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

And if the OP is right, it's a really regressive tax. The middle class gets screwed. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    And if the OP is right, it's a really regressive tax. The middle class gets screwed. Again.
    Is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo...s#Distribution
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Be...S1989-2004.svg

You need to be in the top 10% of households to have an income over $120,000.

That means the top 10% is covering 25% of the cost while the bottom 90% is covering 75%

I thought conservatives loved regressive taxes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

With the rising cost of...everything...that's really not a lot of money.

Finally admitting your inability to think - good for you.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

In Valerie Jarrett's response to 0bamacare being called a tax or a mandate, she says she doesn't care what it's called because this country is wealthy enough to give everybody health insurance. Of course this is a big liberal crap sandwich. A country that has to borrow a trillion a year to operate, isn't wealthy. The carve outs on 0bamcare violate equal protection. Rich people are pretty much excluded from having to finance this scheme, leaving almost the entire tab on the working middle class. And you're not only stuck with paying your own healthcare but millions of deadbeat citizens and non citizens.

But this is exactly what Obama wants. The whole purpose of his strangling the energy supply with his drilling moratorium, closure of coal-fired generating plants and veto of the XL Keystone pipeline is to collapse the economy.

If you are trying to fundamentally transform America, poor economic news could mean 'mission accomplished'. The U.S. doesn't only have a $15 trillion debt. It also has over $123 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities - and not a single penny to pay for them. The only thing left to ponder ... is the country is going to die before 0bamacare has a chance to put the final nail in its coffin?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Is it?

That means the top 10% is covering 25% of the cost while the bottom 90% is covering 75%

I'm not rich and I don't have it easy. To be conservative means you are for little to NO taxation.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Is it?

You are a dumb ass.

I'm not at that income level but eveything I own is paid off, including my house. I'm in my 40's. It's called hard work.
    I know idiots at work that won't pay the pretax money out of their pay check for medical insurnace because they need the money to support a dead beat husband, adult kids, and they need booze and cigs... But they have internet and Direct TV...they CHOOSE not to have insurance....I CHOOSE to pay for it, I also have life, disability, 401k, stock options, etc...all CHOICES that come out of my pay check.....why should I have to be punished for those that CHOOSE not to take such options?

I don't like regressive taxes. A good friend of mine that retired from Congress due to Parkinson's, Lane Evans D-IL always would vote against regressive taxes because he understood them when his friends did not. He was also a Vietnam Vet and saved the Rock Island Arsenal from closing.

I'm not sure of any conservative that like any type of new taxes. Unless we can tax assholes like you 90%, but we would have to tax your weed, as I doubt you have a job. You are just another free loading liberal.

Why don't you shut your mouth until you at least half way know what the hell you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    You are a dumb ass.

I'm not at that income level but eveything I own is paid off, including my house. I'm in my 40's. It's called hard work.
    I know idiots at work that won't pay the pretax money out of their pay check for medical insurnace because they need the money to support a dead beat husband, adult kids, and they need booze and cigs... But they have internet and Direct TV...they CHOOSE not to have insurance....I CHOOSE to pay for it, I also have life, disability, 401k, stock options, etc...all CHOICES that come out of my pay check.....why should I have to be punished for those that CHOOSE not to take such options?
    You realize this was the argument that the Heritage Foundation gave in support of an individual mandate?

I don't like regressive taxes. A good friend of mine that retired from Congress due to Parkinson's, Lane Evans D-IL always would vote against regressive taxes because he understood them when his friends did not. He was also a Vietnam Vet and saved the Rock Island Arsenal from closing.

I'm not sure of any conservative that like any type of new taxes. Unless we can tax assholes like you 90%, but we would have to tax your weed, as I doubt you have a job. You are just another free loading liberal.

Why don't you shut your mouth until you at least half way know what the hell you are talking about.
    Conservatives tend to be in favor of cutting progressive taxes and raising or preserving regressive taxes.

Capital gains taxes are always on the chopping block for the GOP while they tend to prefer excise taxes. A glance at tax data shows that the less money you make, the greater percentage of your income is spend on excise taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.