Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Is it?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo...s#Distribution
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Be...S1989-2004.svg

    You need to be in the top 10% of households to have an income over $120,000.

    That means the top 10% is covering 25% of the cost while the bottom 90% is covering 75%


    I thought conservatives loved regressive taxes though.
    I'm not rich and I don't have it easy. To be conservative means you are for little to NO taxation.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post


    ECONOMIST: 75% of Obamacare costs to fall on Americans making less than $120,000 a year

    Take Your Medicine, America … Stephen Moore, Senior Economics Writer with the Wall Street Journal, told FOX and Friends this morning that nearly 75% of Obamacare costs will fall on the backs of those Americans making less than $120,000 a year.

    “It’s a big punch in the stomach to middle class families.”

    Obamacare: It’s not just a big f***ing deal… It’s a big f***ing tax.

    Argued in Court That It Was a Tax… Now They’re Saying It’s Not a Tax Again

    A Fraud Has Been Perpetrated On the American Citizenry

    ---------------------------------------

    Ho-hum. Another day in 0bamaville.


    When you support your point with links to FOX News, it's like saying "I'm an idiot."

    Try again when you have some facts from a reputable source.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    When you support your point with links to FOX News, it's like saying "I'm an idiot."

    Try again when you have some facts from a reputable source.
    And just what do you consider reputable? Wei actually likes al Jazeera (no exaggeration, he repeatedly claims that it's a superior news source), and Arroyo swears by NPR. What is your definition of a trusted news source, Spicoli?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And just what do you consider reputable? Wei actually likes al Jazeera (no exaggeration, he repeatedly claims that it's a superior news source), and Arroyo swears by NPR. What is your definition of a trusted news source, Spicoli?
    infowars
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    They control and have destroyed education.
    They control healthcare and will destroy it.
    They control all finance and taxes.
    They control the propaganda through an adoring media.
    They control the government.
    They control the minds of over 50% of Americans.

    Liberals are nearly complete with fundamentally changing America. Guns are next!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,425
    I am one of those that are paying higher premiums due to the fact that my company's self insured trust fund now has to cover children up to 26 years of age, even if the kids no longer live at home, or even in the same state! All of a sudden thousands of Medicaid patients were switched to those that had our "family plan" at work....rates jumped, deductables jumped...out of pocket went up....

    It sucked.

    I know salaried workers for John Deere that no longer have prescription coverage due to the law and the extra expense. Of course the hourly UAW memebers didn't face such changes...

    Some employeers in Las Vegas had to cut everyone off until they could get birth certificates. Some employees were adding cousins and other non-children to their plans...putting a huge burden on the system and a greater burden on the employer trying to verify everyone.

    It's all a load of shit to me.

    I am using my insurnace card often this year....best to get it all done before next year...who knows what I will have for insurance then, if any....and I work for a Fortune 50 company
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Is it?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo...s#Distribution
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Be...S1989-2004.svg

    You need to be in the top 10% of households to have an income over $120,000.

    That means the top 10% is covering 25% of the cost while the bottom 90% is covering 75%


    I thought conservatives loved regressive taxes though.
    You are a dumb ass.

    I'm not at that income level but eveything I own is paid off, including my house. I'm in my 40's. It's called hard work.
    I know idiots at work that won't pay the pretax money out of their pay check for medical insurnace because they need the money to support a dead beat husband, adult kids, and they need booze and cigs... But they have internet and Direct TV...they CHOOSE not to have insurance....I CHOOSE to pay for it, I also have life, disability, 401k, stock options, etc...all CHOICES that come out of my pay check.....why should I have to be punished for those that CHOOSE not to take such options?

    I don't like regressive taxes. A good friend of mine that retired from Congress due to Parkinson's, Lane Evans D-IL always would vote against regressive taxes because he understood them when his friends did not. He was also a Vietnam Vet and saved the Rock Island Arsenal from closing.

    I'm not sure of any conservative that like any type of new taxes. Unless we can tax assholes like you 90%, but we would have to tax your weed, as I doubt you have a job. You are just another free loading liberal.

    Why don't you shut your mouth until you at least half way know what the hell you are talking about.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Is it?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo...s#Distribution
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Be...S1989-2004.svg

    You need to be in the top 10% of households to have an income over $120,000.

    That means the top 10% is covering 25% of the cost while the bottom 90% is covering 75%


    I thought conservatives loved regressive taxes though.
    I am going to refrain from calling you "stupid" or "manipulative", although one or the other must apply here.

    And while I have little respect for Wikipedia, you seem to be able to find your way there, so here ya go:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regressive_tax

    In terms of individual income and wealth, a regressive tax imposes a greater burden (relative to resources) on the poor than on the rich — there is an inverse relationship between the tax rate and the taxpayer's ability to pay as measured by assets, consumption, or income.
    And there is what I meant, and what economists mean, when using "regressive" to describe the effects of taxation.

    The fact is that you know that the burden of Obamacare falls on the middle and working classes. You know that the Supreme Court upheld it based on the idea that it was a "tax"--a sleight of hand that far outdoes anything Houdini was capable of. So, Obamacare is a regressive tax. Period.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    You are a dumb ass.

    I'm not at that income level but eveything I own is paid off, including my house. I'm in my 40's. It's called hard work.
    I know idiots at work that won't pay the pretax money out of their pay check for medical insurnace because they need the money to support a dead beat husband, adult kids, and they need booze and cigs... But they have internet and Direct TV...they CHOOSE not to have insurance....I CHOOSE to pay for it, I also have life, disability, 401k, stock options, etc...all CHOICES that come out of my pay check.....why should I have to be punished for those that CHOOSE not to take such options?
    You realize this was the argument that the Heritage Foundation gave in support of an individual mandate?



    I don't like regressive taxes. A good friend of mine that retired from Congress due to Parkinson's, Lane Evans D-IL always would vote against regressive taxes because he understood them when his friends did not. He was also a Vietnam Vet and saved the Rock Island Arsenal from closing.

    I'm not sure of any conservative that like any type of new taxes. Unless we can tax assholes like you 90%, but we would have to tax your weed, as I doubt you have a job. You are just another free loading liberal.

    Why don't you shut your mouth until you at least half way know what the hell you are talking about.
    Conservatives tend to be in favor of cutting progressive taxes and raising or preserving regressive taxes.

    Capital gains taxes are always on the chopping block for the GOP while they tend to prefer excise taxes. A glance at tax data shows that the less money you make, the greater percentage of your income is spend on excise taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    A glance at tax data shows that the less money you make, the greater percentage of your income is spend on excise taxes.
    Any proof or is this just because you say so?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •