1. #1 Gingersnap--- Hear from her? 
    I know she lives in Colorado and I think she lived near the fires. Has anyone heard from her and Mr. Snaps and are they ok?

Power CUer
    I just sent her a PM on another board where she's a participant; I'll let you know when/if I get a response.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Ginger reports:

"The fires are in/near Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins (with others to the extreme south). I'm between those two and both are at a distance (it's a big state).

Tell them, "Thanks!" for asking but not to worry......yet. Summer has just started. ;)"
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

They said on the news this morning that the fire in Colorado Springs is now 70% contained, so they are making progress.

It finally rained here, and boy is it coming down. I'm worrried slightly less about fireworks tomorrow causing fires in dry conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    They said on the news this morning that the fire in Colorado Springs is now 70% contained, so they are making progress.

It finally rained here, and boy is it coming down. I'm worrried slightly less about fireworks tomorrow causing fires in dry conditions.
    Florida was in a drought, but when the rains started, they just kept coming. A friend of mine is on the turtle patrol with Mote Marine (they patrol the beaches, marking turtle nest sites), and she said that over 80% of the nests were destroyed.

Glad that the fires around Colorado Springs are getting contained. And very glad to hear that Ginger is OK.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"