Hybrid View

1. #1 Health Care Mandate Tax 

What this chart shows is that 75 percent of the health care mandate tax will be levied on middle class families making less than $120,000 a year and families of four making $72,000 or less will bear nearly half of the tax.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post

What this chart shows is that 75 percent of the health care mandate tax will be levied on middle class families making less than $120,000 a year and families of four making $72,000 or less will bear nearly half of the tax.
    Is this a complaint? What is the bad part of this tax distribution?

Are you saying it's a regressive tax? I thought Republicans loved regressive taxes that fall on the working class more than the wealthy.
    Are you saying it's unfair? If the tax is regressive, then the people who will benefit from it the most will pay a larger portion of it.

Or are you saying it's a progressive tax and that's unfair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post

Are you saying it's a regressive tax? I thought Republicans loved regressive taxes that fall on the working class more than the wealthy. wrong
    Are you saying it's unfair? If the tax is regressive, then the people who will benefit from it the most will pay a larger portion of it.

First of all, I didn't say anything. I like to think there's people lurking who might not know this stuff. Second of all, the ACA sucks and must die. Does that answer your questions?

First of all, I didn't say anything. I like to think there's people lurking who might not know this stuff. Second of all, the ACA sucks and must die. Does that answer your questions?
    Not really. I'm not happy with this law either, but I'm rather curious what you have against it.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Not really. I'm not happy with this law either, but I'm rather curious what you have against it.
    I'm all for health care reform. I even like some of the stuff in the ACA (pre-existing conditions would be nice but the problem is, telling a company they by law HAVE to serve someone isn't Capitalism (which I support), I also support saving Social Security & Medicare (for retirees that have paid in and the disabled) but the reality is that there aren't enough workers to cover the coming load. It needs to be upgraded somehow and I'm not sure how. I liked Bush's plan of private accounts, but the recent wall st debacle makes you wonder. Even Medicaid is honorable, but we can't even afford SS/Medicare, how are we supposed to pay for everyman and his brother to have it? Keep it on the state level because the feds muck up almost everything they touch, and the state is closer to the recipients and can keep a better eye on things.

In short, I'm a Federalist and I don't like the idea of the govt having control of 1/6th of the economy. It is an accident waiting to happen.

I'm all for health care reform. I even like some of the stuff in the ACA (pre-existing conditions would be nice but the problem is, telling a company they by law HAVE to serve someone isn't Capitalism (which I support), I also support saving Social Security & Medicare (for retirees that have paid in and the disabled) but the reality is that there aren't enough workers to cover the coming load. It needs to be upgraded somehow and I'm not sure how. I liked Bush's plan of private accounts, but the recent wall st debacle makes you wonder. Even Medicaid is honorable, but we can't even afford SS/Medicare, how are we supposed to pay for everyman and his brother to have it? Keep it on the state level because the feds muck up almost everything they touch, and the state is closer to the recipients and can keep a better eye on things.
    Are you saying it would cost too much to have universal health care similar to Medicare?

Why do you say this is true? It seems that health care reform and universal access would actually be cheaper. Other nations with universal systems that consistently rank higher on international health care ratings actually spend less money than we do, get better rated service, and are able to cover everybody.

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/46/33/38979719.pdf

Health spending accounted for 11.4% of GDP in Canada in 2010, almost two percentage points higher
    than the OECD average of 9.5%. However, health spending as a share of GDP is much lower in Canada
    than in the United States (which spent 17.6% of its GDP on health in 2010). It is also slightly lower than in
    certain European countries such as the Netherlands (12.0%), France (11.6%) and Germany (11.6%).
    Each of these nations ranks higher than the US on health care, and they each spend significantly less of their GDP on health care costs.

The economic argument doesn't hold up, because there are dozens of examples of health care systems that are both more universal and cheaper.

Wee Wee is a hard core communist Libtard. Just ignore his propaganda.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

When Obama said "tax the rich" did you really think he was talking about bachelors making over 59k/year?

Are you saying it's a regressive tax? I thought Republicans loved regressive taxes that fall on the working class more than the wealthy.

No, we prefer flatter, simpler taxes and less bureaucracy overseeing our lives. We also object to entitlement programs that perpetuate dependency on government and eventually end up bankrupting it. For an example of what the US will look like financially a few years from now, look at Greece. That's our future, if we don't reign in spending.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Who gives a crap what you label it? It is a tax we did not ask for or approve of. It is a TAX forced on us by a repressive government made up entirely of DIMoRATS. It is a control on the population that was never allowed for under the Constitution and despite the idiots on the bench-UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

A tax under any other name is still a tax.

Now that Big Brother can tell you what you have to spend your money on, the flood gates of repression will open wide. Wait until you are refused your next hemorrhoid operation and then come back here and sing the praises of DHimmyCARE.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand