Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Mitt said it was a penalty.
    Is Mitt the President? No. Did he shove this bill down a nations throat against our will with a temporary super majority in Congress? No he didn't.

You suck at trolling.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Is Mitt the President? No. Did he shove this bill down a nations throat against our will with a temporary super majority in Congress? No he didn't.

You suck at trolling.
    Yes he does. 3wees drew me in but I realize it was a mistake to encourage him by engaging in a conversation. He doesn't really want answers to his billion questions. He wants to propagandize.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    it's a lot of speculative numbers) because of millions being aborted since 1973. Having those people in the work force would most likely make a big difference.
    Yeah, the unemployment rate would be a LOT higher right now.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Yeah, the unemployment rate would be a LOT higher right now.
    Personally, I'd rather be alive and unemployed than dead because my parents made poor choices.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Banned
    Instead of buying insurance for my family, which I can afford, I would like the freedom to buy a new sports car.

GOP = do as I say, not as I do. In other words, you other people take personal responsibility, me, I do what pleases me.

Now that you understand that Bachmann and the extreme Obama-hating far-right are liars and shills, raise your hand if your taxes will go up.

If your hand is raise that means that you can afford health care insurance but refuse to buy it.

Take some personal responsibility why don't you.

Mitt said it was a penalty.
    Wait, no... Mitt said it was a mandate...or... wait....
    Mitt said it was okay to tax people who want to freeload on the system.

Mitt said it was a mandated tax penalty.
    I don't care if it's a candy mint or a breath mint or two mints in one, it's an atrocity and an attack on individual liberty and it will not be missed when it is repealed.

Instead of buying insurance for my family, which I can afford, I would like the freedom to buy a new sports car.

GOP = do as I say, not as I do. In other words, you other people take personal responsibility, me, I do what pleases me.

Now that you understand that Bachmann and the extreme Obama-hating far-right are liars and shills, raise your hand if your taxes will go up.

If your hand is raise that means that you can afford health care insurance but refuse to buy it.

Time for another civics lesson, eh, Spicoli? Posting random charts doesn't exactly prove your case. Regardless, here's a question for you: Given that most people don't eat a healthy diet, and diet is one of the critical components to overall health, there will be those who think that you ought to eat several servings of vegetables per day, and if you don't, then you should either pay a penalty to cover the increased healthcare costs that your crappy diet will cause the rest of us, or be taxed for your purchases of anything not on the federally approved consumption list. Do you see anything wrong with that suggestion? If so, explain, and if not, then tell us where the Constitution says that the federal government can mandate such a policy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Really? I've always gotten my insurance from my employer. Even now that I live in Canada, my company gives us private insurance that's better than the sate healthcare. This is pretty unusual, but we're an international company and have certain standards to adhere.

So here's the question. Will it now cost employers more to offer private insurance as part of the compensation package? Cuz, they're paying for the public one either way. So then will more companies stop offering private insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    .............. So then will more companies stop offering private insurance?
    One local employer has noted that it costs him $4k a year to cover an employee and $8k a year for a family plan but.... he can drop the insurance completely and just pay $1k per year per employee in "penalty"....
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I am currently paying $156.18 a month for my health insurance. But to wee wee and that other idiot, I should pay for theirs too.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

My hand is up. I don't have health care insurance. If I receive a bill for a product or service I receive I pay it.

Is that responsible enough for you?
    Be Not Afraid.