Mon Jul 2, 2012, 11:22 AM
    goclark

How many Rethugs do you know?

On your job?

At your church?

At the Gym?

Your neighbors?

What did I forget?

My total is "1" ....... A "thinks he knows it all" guy that is a medical Dr.

How many bumper stickers do you see that say " Rmoney?

I live in Los Angels and I've seen "0" for Rmoney and at least 40 for Obama
    May the FORCE be with you!

What he doesn't say is that he only knows one because he doesn't have a job, doesn't go to church and has never been inside a gym.

The 1 must be a neighbor. You know, the rich guy that owns the nicest house on the block.
    Be Not Afraid.

Well, let's see... the liberals I know are my two sisters, my niece, one of my nephews, my BIL (the non-gay one), my SIL, various cousins, and some members of my former church. I may know more than that, but out of a lot of people I know, the issue of politics simply hasn't come up. And unlike these jerks on DU, I love each and every one of those people no matter what.

Power CUer
    This is what Jonathan Haidt means when he talks about the divided political sides not having exposure to other ideas - if you are with people all the time who think exactly like you do, you start to think it's the only viewpoint. He was on Moyers & Co. talking about this, and it turned into a live demonstration - Bill Moyers assumed that Haidt was agreeing with him on the liberal side, and when he turned out to be more conservative, you could see Moyers just blinking, with his mouth open.

Here are Haidt's ideas encapsulated in a short TED talk that is worth the time it takes to watch it. It's his take on the moral foundations of both liberal and conservative thought.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_ha...oral_mind.html
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This is what Jonathan Haidt means when he talks about the divided political sides not having exposure to other ideas - if you are with people all the time who think exactly like you do, you start to think it's the only viewpoint. He was on Moyers & Co. talking about this, and it turned into a live demonstration - Bill Moyers assumed that Haidt was agreeing with him on the liberal side, and when he turned out to be more conservative, you could see Moyers just blinking, with his mouth open.

Here are Haidt's ideas encapsulated in a short TED talk that is worth the time it takes to watch it. It's his take on the moral foundations of both liberal and conservative thought.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_ha...oral_mind.html
    Notice how Conservatives score higher overall than liberals

Hmmm, like the DUmbass, I have not seen any "Rmoney" bumper stickers as of yet. However I have seen lots of "Romney" bumper stickers and quite a few "Obama" stickers as well. But, if I do see a "Rmoney" sticker, I will be wondering what their DU name is because only a DUmmy would be so childish to put such a bumper sticker on their car.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    What he doesn't say is that he only knows one because he doesn't have a job, doesn't go to church and has never been inside a gym.

The 1 must be a neighbor. You know, the rich guy that owns the nicest house on the block.
    Not his neighbor...his parents neighbor...this DUmmie still lives with his parents.

On your job?

At your church?

At the Gym?

Your neighbors?

What did I forget?

Wait, people on DU have jobs, go to church, exercise, and own property?

who knew.