1. #1 Happy Fourth of July to the Treason Party 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well, I knew I wouldn't have to look long this morning...

Wed Jul 4, 2012, 07:24 AM
    NNN0LHI

Happy Fourth of July to the Treason Party

http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinbe...son-party.html

BY NEIL STEINBERG nsteinberg@suntimes.com July 3, 2012 6:02PM

What history we recall on the Fourth of July typically involves stirring words of freedom, and rightly so.

But why stop there? After all, not every colonist in 1776 was a patriot, and at this particularly fractured political moment, we might do well to remember that, according to contemporary accounts, one third of Americans wanted revolution, one third were loyal to the crown and one third could go either way. Loyalists did more than talk; they formed Tory regiments and fought alongside the British, against their fellow Americans. snip

When I look at the Republicans, I am tempted to dismiss them as the Treason Party. Seriously, were a band of traitors to concoct a series of positions deliberately designed to weaken America, they would be hard pressed to beat the current GOP dogma — hobble education, starve the government by slashing taxes to the rich, kneecap attempts to jumpstart the economy by fixating on debt, invite corporations to dominate political discourse, balkanize the population by demonizing minorities and immigrants and let favored religions dictate social policy.

What gave me pause, however, is that they beat me to it — for 15 years the Republicans have been treating Democrats as if believing in a government that addresses our common public problems is a form of sedition. Given how uniformly wrong they are, I’m loathe to use any of their tactics, even one that has been so stunningly effective, convincing millions of Americans their best interests lie in coddling the rich and their champion is a stiff, dressage-riding multi-millionaire.

And a Happy 4th to you too!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well, I knew I wouldn't have to look long this morning...[/URL]

And a Happy 4th to you too!!!!
    Then there were the people of the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

"We're going to pay taxes to someone either way. No need of a war for that and besides, there's work to do on the farm... I'm going to mind my own business is what I am going to do."

starve the government by slashing taxes to the rich
    You know what, he's right. We should starve the govt by slashing taxes to those who don't pay any.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    You know what, he's right. We should starve the govt by slashing taxes to those who don't pay any.
    If I remember correctly, didn't we become independent because a king kept taxing us without us actually having representation? Didn't we become independent because the king kept overriding our laws that the colonists made?

lol liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    If I remember correctly, didn't we become independent because a king kept taxing us without us actually having representation? Didn't we become independent because the king kept overriding our laws that the colonists made?

lol liberals
    Don't you know that the Colonies rebeled because the British didn't tax them enough, take away their firearms, and have all farms and businesses taken over by the Crown.

Monnbat History 101.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Wait a minute. We're against government mandated healthcare, government controlled retirement accounts, the trashing of the Constitution, bowing to our enemies, etc and we're the treason party? Um, ok.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.