Thread: Friday Funk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    2 of our three vehicles are paid for.
    That's a real money-saver. I have not had a car payment in nine years, and when I do buy a new one it will be for cash. My husband paid his off four years ago, and he'll buy his new one for cash. As long as we don't have to buy them both at the same time, we're all set! :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Rebel Yell;52 We have a fixed rate mortgage with a monthly payment of $270. [/QUOTE]

I can't even begin to imagine. I paid $500 rent in my first apt. years ago.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    The last time I paid rent on an apartment it was $615/month. In 1986.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

In all fairness, the house belonged to my grandmother for 40 years before I bought it.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    My house is paid for along with my car. It is great to be debt free. I was thinking about buying a Corvette several months ago and financing about 1/3 of the cost. Glad I did not with the downturn in the stock market. Today my stocks are up around 6%; got a ways to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I was thinking about buying a Corvette several months ago and financing about 1/3 of the cost. Glad I did not with the downturn in the stock market. Today my stocks are up around 6%; got a ways to go though.
    Good ‘gut check’, old man. If those stocks are well diversified - you’ll be fine. Now that the American taxpayer gets to cover all that bad real estate paper.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Headed to the doctor, keep blinky under control!:D
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    In all fairness, the house belonged to my grandmother for 40 years before I bought it.
    Ohhh. That explains it then.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post

TOTD: I have faith that every single book written by hardcore horror master Edward Lee will never, ever disappoint me, and that is true. Reading Brides of the Impaler right now and it ROCKS.

I have faith that the Pittsburgh Steelers will continue to have a successful season this year...or at least cinch the AFC North Division because the Ravens, Browns, and Bengals ALL suck this season.
    You are an idiot.

But yes, Tristan will be taller than you.