1. #1 Impeach Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia 
    Link
    Cary (3,116 posts)

Impeach Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Tim...20628-417.html

On Tuesday, in his dissenting opinion to the Arizona immigration case, Justice Scalia lashed out at President Obama for not doing enough to enforce immigration laws. With his blatant partiality and total disregard for the institution of the Supreme Court, isn't it time Justice Scalia was impeached?

Way back in 1803 Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase really stepped in it. Thomas Jefferson was the President of the United States at the time, and his supporters in Congress called themselves Democratic Republicans. Jefferson's chief political rival was John Adams, whom he defeated in the election of 1800, and Adams led the Federalists against the Democratic Republicans. The Federalists fought hard to protect the wealthy elite, succeeding in eliminating the direct election of U.S. Senators by the people. While you can't compare them apples to apples, the Federalists are basically today's Republican Party, at least in their belief that society is best organized when there's a wealthy ruling elite at the top. Samuel Chase, who was appointed to the High Court in 1796, proudly called himself a Federalist. So Thomas Jefferson was already a little uneasy with Samuel Chase as a Supreme Court justice. And after Chase joined other Federalists on the Supreme Court to create judicial review in the 1803 Marbury v. Madison case that gave the court the power to strike down laws passed by both Congress and the president, making it the most powerful, and unaccountable, of the three branches of government, Jefferson's anger with the court -- and Samuel Chase -- only intensified.
    Blah blah the DUmmies fantasize a little, talk about history a little.. but the last comment (so far) has been a thread killer:
    AnotherMcIntosh (2,060 posts)
    7. Was Chase impeached? No, the Senate acquited him. Then on what basis should Scalia be impeached?
    Why are you bothering them with facts?

My vote for most hypocritical response:
    Prophet 451 (6,699 posts)
    4. He should have been impeached years ago

He's blatantly a political activist.
    This from a person who undoubtedly supports Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

(I just noticed the thumbs up. My mouse is doing weird things and that, in conjunction with slow internet, apparently I clicked it. Could have been worse I guess. )
    Last edited by Gina; 07-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Samuel Chase was impeached and acquitted of all charges. Impeachment just means he was accused and brought up on charges. It doesn't mean conviction of said charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Samuel Chase was impeached and acquitted of all charges. Impeachment just means he was accused and brought up on charges. It doesn't mean conviction of said charges.
    How dare you question the very intellectual DUmmie! Tsk!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

I dont know how Ban the GOP hasnt been TS, he just screams mole...