Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    when the democrats have the presidency and both houses the republicans wont even be able to block traffic.
    And your wonderful college education will provide you with a nice spot in the nearest soup line, 'lids. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    They do. They've totally bought into the junk science of global warming, and think they can save the planet by tanking our economy. Not only will they get all those vehicles off the road, with any luck they can actually induce a starvation and get rid of a bunch of extra humans. Straight-line communists.
    $10/gallon gasoline will force us to look into new fuels that dont have a doomsday. I dont see whats wrong with that, market dictates change.

$10/gallon gasoline will force us to look into new fuels that dont have a doomsday. I dont see whats wrong with that, market dictates change.
    And what fuels will that be? Drilling for our own oil will buy us TIME. Liberals don't want that because of their irrational hatred of the internal combustion engine.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    That is not the market at work - it is the government playing favorites based on psuedo science and ideology.

There IS NO doomsday coming because we use oil as our primary fuel. That is a flat out lie.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    That is not the market at work - it is the government playing favorites based on psuedo science and ideology.

There IS NO doomsday coming because we use oil as our primary fuel. That is a flat out lie.
    I dont know if you've noticed oil tripling in price over the last 8 years?

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
    And what fuels will that be? Drilling for our own oil will buy us TIME. Liberals don't want that because of their irrational hatred of the internal combustion engine.
    it will take 10 years to get oil from ANWR to your engine. I dont want to wait 10 years for the calvary to come.

[QUOTE]
    I dont know if you've noticed oil tripling in price over the last 8 years?[/QUOTE
    ]

If it triples again, life as you know it will end.

By the way, I thought most of the "middle class" that the libs are cyring about basically have thier investments, like 401k's and retirement funds with oil companies as one of thier bets, tax the snot out of them and who else do you hurt?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

it will take 10 years to get oil from ANWR to your engine. I dont want to wait 10 years for the calvary to come.
    You libtards are nuts, it took 40 years to start to get out from what you did then. We should have been harvesting our resources 30 yrs ago. A lib plan has never worked. But I do realize, that is because the right libs havent been running things yet.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

when the democrats have the presidency and both houses the republicans wont even be able to block traffic.
    So in your small little mind this possibility will fix all the USA problems? There is a good reason we have a bicameral legislature. I suggest you be careful what you wish for.

Back to the topic; windfall profits will do nothing but take money out of your shallow pocket and put it in two places.
    1. Gov't hands to be further wasted by Congress critters and
    2. Those "EVIL" oil companies.

Do you honestly think the Oil companies will absorb a punitive tax and say "Oh well, we tried to gouge you and you guys stuck it to us?"

The punitive windfall profits tax will pass to consumers quicker than crap through a goose. Really Junior, demand a refund from your college for the failed attempt to educate you.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    So in your small little mind this possibility will fix all the USA problems? There is a good reason we have a bicameral legislature. I suggest you be careful what you wish for.

Back to the topic; windfall profits will do nothing but take money out of your shallow pocket and put it in two places.
    1. Gov't hands to be further wasted by Congress critters and
    2. Those "EVIL" oil companies.

Do you honestly think the Oil companies will absorb a punitive tax and say "Oh well, we tried to gouge you and you guys stuck it to us?"

The punitive windfall profits tax will pass to consumers quicker than crap through a goose. Really Junior, demand a refund from your college for the failed attempt to educate you.
    That's what little know-nothings like the gutless liar Eyelids forget. Corporations don't pay taxes...any operating costs, which taxes are a part of, are passed on to the consumer in the price of the product. So, if the Democrats are successful in increasing taxes on the oil companies, the ones who will really be hurt are the poor and middle class people of the country.