Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Nikki Haley?
    Already too much of a target.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

For those in the thread who said "oh gee not someone like Sarah Palin" or some nonsense. I know a LOT of people who voted McCain only because she was on the ticket. The media tried and to some extend succeeded in bringing her down. My theory is because, like blacks, a woman going off the liberal plantation is a no no. It's all about groups.

TB don't be jealous because she looks better in heels than you.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    For those in the thread who said "oh gee not someone like Sarah Palin" or some nonsense. I know a LOT of people who voted McCain only because she was on the ticket. The media tried and to some extend succeeded in bringing her down.
    The media did its part, but she certainly helped with resigning her office and going for TV 'reality show' bucks. Palins are all over the place dancing with stars, playing in Alaska, "stars earn stripes" -ing, and showing you how they raise babies (on the mercifully short-lived "Life's a Tripp") --- there's no way she is a serious player after all that crap.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The media did its part, but she certainly helped with resigning her office and going for TV 'reality show' bucks. Palins are all over the place dancing with stars, playing in Alaska, "stars earn stripes" -ing, and showing you how they raise babies (on the mercifully short-lived "Life's a Tripp") --- there's no way she is a serious player after all that crap.
    Seriously?

Most, if not all the things you cite happened after the election. The media did more than a "part". They went after her full force. She decided not to run for pres this year and as a private citizen, she can do whatever she wants. She is a true conservative with an admirable political positions (on tv trying to help conservatives, keeping people UP about the election because it's so depressing if your guy didn't win the primary - mine didn't).

Are you suggesting that she should sit down and shut up? Barefoot & preggers in the kitchen perhaps? I don't really understand your line of thought I guess.

Romney needs to pick someone with legislative experience. That's why I keep hearkening back to Portman or Kasich. preferable kasich.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    I know, I know... The former-failed-Gov of Alaska... What could go wrong?

Back in late-November and December of 2008, they swore she would be the GOP 2012 Prez. nominee.
    Who is this "they" that you speak of? The rest of us cannot hear the voices in your head, so it isn't really fair of you to quote them as having promised you something. Regardless, Palin wasn't an unsuccessful governor. She was harassed out of office by nuisance suits whose sole purpose was to render her toxic for this go-round, so that she wouldn't be on the ticket. The fact is that she revitalized the McCain campaign and was the target of some of the most vile attacks on any politician that I have ever seen. You clowns generally don't bother doing that to politicians who aren't a threat to you, so I'll take your behavior as a far more honest indicator of your opinion than your words.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Seriously?

Most, if not all the things you cite happened after the election. The media did more than a "part". They went after her full force. She decided not to run for pres this year and as a private citizen, she can do whatever she wants. She is a true conservative with an admirable political positions (on tv trying to help conservatives, keeping people UP about the election because it's so depressing if your guy didn't win the primary - mine didn't).

Are you suggesting that she should sit down and shut up? Barefoot & preggers in the kitchen perhaps? I don't really understand your line of thought I guess.
    You have to understand that numbers there is an inside the beltway RINO with a capital R.

She thinks the likes of Snowe Collins and McCain aren't moderate enough.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    I know, I know... The former-failed-Gov of Alaska... What could go wrong?

Back in late-November and December of 2008, they swore she would be the GOP 2012 Prez. nominee.
    She's the only reason the 2008 election was as close as it was.

What is it about strong intelligent good looking women that scares a Libtard like you?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    She's the only reason the 2008 election was as close as it was.

What is it about strong intelligent good looking women that scares a Libtard like you?
    Amen!

I didn't know linda's leanings. I've seen her say mostly moderate things on this board so I guess it makes sense. I actually thought she was a liberal so that means either she's a HUGE Rino or I'm a right-wing kook. Maybe both!

Amen!

I didn't know linda's leanings. I've seen her say mostly moderate things on this board so I guess it makes sense. I actually thought she was a liberal so that means either she's a HUGE Rino or I'm a right-wing kook. Maybe both!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg