Late last year, I saw a Facebook post announcing that the Occupy Wall Street folks were working on a cookbook. I shot them an email, asking if they needed an editor and a publisher. It turned out they were in the market for both.

A year ago, I accidentally started a publishing company, focusing on quirky, political books about food. I have yet to publish a book other than my own, but it’ll happen. In the meantime, I’ve been learning about editing and ghostwriting, and I’ve been exploring possibilities.
Although I’m undoubtedly a member of the ninety-nine percent, I never camped out or showed up at a demonstration. I own a small business—a farmers’ market concession—and from time to time I donated surplus food to my local Occupy Kitchen. I also donated an outdoor stove. You could say I’m a sympathetic outsider.

The Occupy Cookbook project was in its infancy when I tried to get involved. I spoke with the guy who’d spearheaded the endeavor, and he said he wanted to publish recipes by the ninety nine percent, for the ninety nine percent, focusing on making the most of inexpensive ingredients during hard times. The introduction would include essays about food politics, as well as an account of the early, heady days at the Zuccotti Park Occupy Kitchen, complete with photographs. ...
Worth reading all of it just to get to the end:
...We all deserve to be fed but, in order for this to happen, someone has to be enlisted to feed us. ...
http://porkandgin.com/issues/the-occupy-food-story/

That last bit sums up Occupy in a sentence.