Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75
  1. #51  
    Senior Member TVDOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You can put all the old emails in a file and put the file in the email program on your new machine and sort them there.
    Yep.....the Windows 7 version of Outlook/Outlook Express is called Windows Live Mail, you can set WLM up for your email server, and then accumulate all of your old emails in Outlook using the "export" function transferring them onto a flash drive, then on the new computer use "import" to transfer them into WLM.......they use the same file format. I just created a new directory under Mail in WLM, called "old emails", and imported them there. You can then sort and edit them at your leasure.

    doc
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #52  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,419
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Yep.....the Windows 7 version of Outlook/Outlook Express is called Windows Live Mail, you can set WLM up for your email server, and then accumulate all of your old emails in Outlook using the "export" function transferring them onto a flash drive, then on the new computer use "import" to transfer them into WLM.......they use the same file format. I just created a new directory under Mail in WLM, called "old emails", and imported them there. You can then sort and edit them at your leasure.

    doc
    You can even drag and drop the file into live mail.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #53  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You can even drag and drop the file into live mail.
    Ah,How about just e-mail the file
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #54  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Ah,How about just e-mail the file
    You can if you zip it first.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #55  
    Senior Member TVDOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You can even drag and drop the file into live mail.
    I thought she was working with two different machines......moving files from the old to the new.

    doc
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #56  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,419
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    I thought she was working with two different machines......moving files from the old to the new.

    doc
    I'm talking about once you have the file there, you don't necessarily need to use the import function.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #57  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    HDMI
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #58  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Wireless networking anyone?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #59  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Wireless networking anyone?
    It's kind of a pain between xp and windows 7 just to move a couple of files, especially when one will no longer be in use after the move.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #60  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It's kind of a pain between xp and windows 7 just to move a couple of files, especially when one will no longer be in use after the move.
    I have so many of our home computers networked with different OS's that its second nature.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •