Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The problem is the NEW laptop has NO email program on it, she only wants to use Verizon online to handle her email.

The OLD laptop has Outlook Express on it and I had it set to download her email to Outlook and delete the
    ONLINE copy of the email. Her Verizon online acct was filling up all the time since she never deletes anything...

The new laptop didn't come with a MS EMAIL program and she doesn't want one.

I can't even move her Contact List over since she never added anyone to it on the OLD pc. Her contact list in OutLook Express is empty.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Correction, the LapTop does have Live Mail on it...

OK, now I talked her into letting me turn Live Mail on for the new PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    I have so many of our home computers networked with different OS's that its second nature.
    You forget that I'm essentially computer illiterate. I'm one of those people who just expect it to work and get very impatient when the software has changed so much from the dark ages when I got my Dell laptop over 7 years ago. I used to drive our tech guys crazy at my old job. I'm sure they just rolled their eyes when I'd call them. Hey, I was a sales rep who sold systems. I knew enough to not over promise and get us in trouble legally. That's why the company hired tech guys, to clean up our messes and not let us get in too much trouble. Poor SR is getting weary of my griping about stuff. Poor man.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    SLW's new laptop is mostly ready! If came around 2 but we had to run some errands so I didn't get to it to around 4pm.

She just has to show me which docs she wants moved and that should do it. Rock told me how to export the
    old Favorites list to the new PC which I just did.

The new PC is way faster than my desktop and even the Webcam is way better. Nice wide HD screen, it's pretty sweet!

Sounds nice.
    Mine is not here yet.
    I'm still using the one that over heats. But I'm very careful with it.
    I gave my mom a nice computer, I could walk next door and grab it, but sometimes she can't sleep and wakes up and plays word games on it...and if if she is sleeping, I don't want to wake her up and the cat will want me to feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Sounds nice.
    Mine is not here yet.
    I'm still using the one that over heats. But I'm very careful with it.
    I gave my mom a nice computer, I could walk next door and grab it, but sometimes she can't sleep and wakes up and plays word games on it...and if if she is sleeping, I don't want to wake her up and the cat will want me to feed her.
    Have you tried buying a fan base for the hot notebook?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I ordered this one for SLW:

Got it on Amazon, new condition.

I know the HD isn't that big by todays standards but it's plenty big for her and she now
    has a better Processor and more RAM than my desktop!!!

Thanks to Rock for finding it!

I know for a fact it's a great computer and a great deal! I ended up buying the same computer off of eBay. I earned $8 in eBay bucks!

My mother stopped by and had her eyes on it and likes the raised keyboard letters. Her hands are bad and it's easier for her to type with the raised keys. I guess things like that happen when you are 71 years old.

Once I get my Toshiba's LED fixed, this will be going to my mom.

Her computer has been overheating and shutting off. It's about 3 1/2 years old...when she was sick and could not get out of bed, she used it often for computer games, skype, etc...I doubt she ever turned it off.

My Hp been running for 6 months. Do a soft reboot occasionally. Shut it off maybe twice in the past 6 months, just sits quietly atop my computer hutch.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    My Hp been running for 6 months. Do a soft reboot occasionally. Shut it off maybe twice in the past 6 months, just sits quietly atop my computer hutch.
    I bought a HP laptop in 2000 and sold it in 2008, it is still working and the purchaser still uses it.
    Not all models of new HP laptops are bad but there are several higher end with video cards that are not integrated that are having serious heat problems just like there are several Dell laptops I wouldn't buy now.
    Right now you have to be very careful buying any notebook and I would recommend thoroughly researching any model of any brand before purchasing.
    Here is a good place to start.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Yes. It helps. But still eventually still shuts down. I bought a more expensive cool pad also.

The old HP a block of ice could not keep that thing cool...it gets REALLY HOT quickly...