1. #1 Whites Not Safer Under Stand Your Ground, Deader 
    link

How bizarre . Some DUers really think that because more white people vs. black are killed for stand your ground reasons that politicians will change the law. Evidently they think that SYG is all about oppressing blacks and since it doesn't do that, and in fact being used against more white people that they'll change the law.
    jade3000 (120 posts)

I wonder if this will change the minds of any politicians. These laws are truly scary, and this is just one more way of looking at it.

"Whites Not Safer Under Stand Your Ground, Deader"
    http://www.dominionofnewyork.com/201...ground-deader/

The myth that Stand Your Ground laws permit innocent people to gun down marauding black thugs has been powerfully debunked. By and large, it’s not black people who are dying because of Stand Your Ground law. It’s white people.

Two Georgia State University researchers found that in the states that have adopted Stand Your Ground laws, the law has increased the homicide rate of whites, especially white men. According to their statistically significant estimates, “between 4.4 and 7.4 additional white males are killed each month as a result of these laws. And there is no evidence to suggest that these laws increase the homicide of blacks.”
    Hoyt (7,407 posts)

1. Maybe politicians will pay more attention to it now (sad, that so much in politics is based

upon race). The dang politicians should have paid more attention long before this study was released.

Did it ever occur to some that perhaps blacks are more prone to crime than whites? Unless I'm missing something, 99% of all street gangs are predominantly minority. I know that in the prison where I work nearly 75% of all inmates are black. Sorry to sound insensitive but it is what it is.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Are they pulling the Race CardTM out again? If you're a criminal and and get caught in a SYG situtation, I don't give a rat's buttcheek about your race!!!!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I know that in the prison where I work nearly 75% of all inmates are black. Sorry to sound insensitive but it is what it is.
    Maybe blacks are just more prone to getting arrested, convicted, and given steeper sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    If you're a criminal and and get caught in a SYG situtation, I don't give a rat's buttcheek about your race!!!!
    Amen.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.