1. #1 America needs immediate, radical change, not pathetic "small, incremental steps". 
    link

Zalatix (5,646 posts)

America needs immediate, radical change, not pathetic "small, incremental steps".

Look at what has happened to America in just the last 30 years:

1. Half of working class America's wealth lost in the last 4 years.
    2. An economy rapidly descending into a Plutonomy so bad that even illegal immigration is down.
    3. Unions disappearing. Can't even get Scott Walker kicked out of office. Unions lost face across most of the country as a result.
    4. Global warming proceeding apace. Ocean acidification. (I'll be gracious and roll those two into one.)
    5. Rainforests being cut down like wheat before the scythe.
    6. Global water supplies dwindling into crisis level shortages.
    7. America is leading the way with extrajudicial executions and the killing of innocent bystanders on a scale that makes MyLai look like a Facebook internet brawl.
    8. Diebold. Citizens United. Foreign nations intervening in American elections with their multibillion dollar campaign contributions.
    9. Our nation's infrastructure collapsing with funding perpetually coming up short.
    10. Mass privatization and disaster capitalism running amuck.
    11. Public worker pensions going byebye, private sector pensions long gone.
    12. Minority unemployment skyrocketing.
    13. The Reagan revolution still running wild.
    14. Corporate profits running wild, productivity way up, wages not keeping pace with productivity or inflation.

Can anyone explain how we're going to solve this with "small, incremental steps"?

Of course not. We can't. We need to bring back the 1960s, bring back the New Left. Join Occupy in the streets. Overwhelm the pig cops with sheer numbers. Sit-ins, civil disobedience, overwhelming Tea Party protests like the Wisconsinites did at the state capitol. Mass boycotts, and if necessary, beg Anonymous to get re-involved.

And that doesn't go nearly far enough. Start shunning right wingers. Disown them, refuse to talk to them, metaphorically (if not physically) split the country in half if we have to. Get them out of our midst. They're a disease upon all of civilized society. Refuse to hire right wingers if they work for you. And never, ever buy anything from one. Resurrect BuyBlue.org, in a big way.

The right wingers are itching to start an armed rebellion, especially if President Obama wins. We need to pre-empt them with an economic rebellion. Not one dime must flow from us to them. The right wing is a cancer and we need chemotherapy. A radical cure for a virulent disease.

To hell with small, incremental steps. Every step we take forward we're getting our asses kicked 3 steps back. When do we get tired of this? We don't have enough time as a society to wait for small, incremental steps to get us out of this mess. Our ecosystem doesn't have enough time. Our working class doesn't have enough time.

To quote Chris Hedges, it's time to get crazy.
    I did the underlining.

Let the fun begin.

treestar (33,839 posts)

15. How does this plan get carried out?

Please cite more detail. If we can't give them a dime, for instance, how do we eat? Should be stop going to big chain grocery stores?

What do we do with our cars? Mine is from a large American company. someone in that company is part of 1%, let alone Republican. What should we do with our cars, American or foreign?

OK I have a small business. Do I ask each client their political persuasion and turn them down if they are Republicans?

What if they are conservative Democrats? My business might close down if I had to also reject all Blue Dogs and Centrists. What should be their political opinions before they are good enough.

I already know we have to refuse health insurance and refuse to pay the penalty also. Should be not file tax returns? What if we already have health insurance? I have been paying premiums, should I just quit? Should we quit going to doctors for things like pap smears and mammograms? Unless we can make sure everyone on staff and everyone who worked for the places where the machines come from are progressives?
    treestar (33,839 posts)

20. Does everyone have land on which to grow food?

In fact, aren't the people most likely to revolt the same people who don't own land?

What about milk? who has room for a cow or goat? And how do we feed the cow or goat?

In order to carry out this program, we need land. Where are we going to get it?

Won't we have to return to pioneer conditions? We can't have cars, as all cars are made by large companies, if not foreign ones.

You haven't explained how we deal with medical issues.

It's one thing to demand we not give "them" a dime, but too easy to ignore the details.

Farmer's Market: have to make sure the farmers who bring produce there are not right wingers.
    Summer Hathaway (388 posts)

24. DUH

You obviously don't get it - and it's all SO simple!

Yes, grow your own food. Be sure not to buy any seed, fertilizer, etc. from anyone who might be a Republican, lest you contribute money to their coffers.

Don't use your car - and don't use public transit either. Your bus fare could wind up paying the salary of a right wing bus driver.

If you work for a RWer, quit your job. Your efforts in the workplace will only serve to fund the wrong people.

If you have a business - which is still viable after all the time you now spend growing vegetables on your apartment balcony, and walking to and from work -- fire them. Sure you'll face a wrongful dismissal lawsuit, but surely there are lefty lawyers out there who work for free.

Going to the movies? Out. The theater might be owned by a RW type, or the kid selling popcorn could have right-leaning tendencies. Better safe than sorry.

Buying a book or magazine? Out. Anyone from the publisher, to the editor, to the author, to the guy who drives a truck for the distributor could be a secret RWer.

Eating at a restaurant, or even buying a coffee on your lengthy walk to work could be contributing to a RWer somewhere in the chain of command. Don't fall for their tactics.

Of course you'll be spending all of your time using Google to investigate who is politically correct enough to buy from, sell to, employ, speak to, etc. - until your computer connection gets shut down because you can't pay the bill, having been fired from your job because you're always late, not to mention exhausted from harvesting the back forty.

Once all Dems start following Zalatix's simple plan, the only people with jobs, viable businesses, and food on the table will be the Republicans who continue to earn money and spend it.

This will undoubtedly bring the GOP to its knees.
    LOL

HAHA! I love how DUmmies always have these great super-duper ideas! I sure am glad I'm not LWer because being a RWer has more chance for success in the OP's scenario.

Bless you DUmmies, for making me laugh today.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That thread is full of little kids, not uncommon on da DUmp. A few adults but not many...
    May the FORCE be with you!

They apparently didn't learn from the last three or four dozen "not one damn dime" days.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    HAHA! I love how DUmmies always have these great super-duper ideas! I sure am glad I'm not LWer because being a RWer has more chance for success in the OP's scenario.

Bless you DUmmies, for making me laugh today.
    These are the kind of super-duper DUmmie ideas that gave us Stalin's purges, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the Cambodian Killing Fields, the Gulags, the Laogai, the Holocaust and every other horror perpetrated in the name of radical change. Ideas have consequences, and the consequences of the ideas of Rousseau, Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot and every other lunatic who thinks that the only solution to their own failures is destroying the world in order to remake it in their image.

These people need to be subjected to perpetual ridicule and ostracism.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!