1. #1 Good Luck renewing your GA Dirvers License. 
    Link
    unapatriciated (4,532 posts)

Good Luck renewing your GA Dirvers License.

You will now need four pieces of identification. Glad I renewed mine in May.
    http://www.11alive.com/news/local/st...storyid=241066

ATLANTA (WXIA) -- Motorists with a Georgia driver's license that is set to renew on July 1 or later are looking at major changes to the way they update their licenses.

In order to renew or reinstate a driver's license, motorists will have to go to the license office in person and provide proof of who they are along with where they live.

When they show up, motorists will have to provide an original copy of a birth certificate or current passport, along with a Social Security card or document like a W-2 or income tax return that shows a Social Security number -- and two documents that verify a motorist's permanant address.
    The responses are as expected. What makes me wonder is the ability for DUmmies to do anything logically is absent. An oxymoron I know, and I don't know what the numbers are but how many threads do they have complaining about stolen elections etc? They worry so much about the machines and diebold and whatnot, but ID for voting is about the simplest thing we can do, it's a start DUmmies. They are exposing the fact that they WANT ineligible voters to vote.

All the things the OP says are required are pretty easy to get. Two documents that verify a perm address is something as simple as a couple of bills you got in the mail. Sheesh.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I have to say it does sound like a PITA. That is a lot of ID for a friggen License
    especially if you already have one.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I have to say it does sound like a PITA. That is a lot of ID for a friggen License
    especially if you already have one.
    14 years, that's how long I've been fighting ID theft... 14 years. I still have unresolved disputes with Arizona, even though I have proven TWICE it wasn't me...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Selective DUmmy editing. As usual. Because libpukes lie, all the time.

From the article:

The move is all part of Georgia's compliance with a federal act that goes into effect in 2015 which requires a secure identification to get into federal buildings or on a commercial airline flight.

Once the license is renewed or reinstated under the new system, drivers will be able to go back to getting their licenses issued either in person or online.
    So it's not really a Georgia thing, it's a fed thing.

I don't know if this is a GW law or a Barry law. (I don't care actually). The thing is, the DUmmies are making it out to be some voter suppression thing.
    Be Not Afraid.

When they show up, motorists will have to provide an original copy of a birth certificate or current passport, along with a Social Security card or document like a W-2 or income tax return that shows a Social Security number -- and two documents that verify a motorist's permanant address.
    Um... So what exactly is the problem here for people who are legal citizens? Everyone who is a legal citizen has a b.c., right? And a SS card, right? And that "two documents that verify a...permanent address" amounts to a couple of old monthly utility bills that everyone has lying around somewhere, right? So what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Um... So what exactly is the problem here for people who are legal citizens? Everyone who is a legal citizen has a b.c., right? And a SS card, right? And that "two documents that verify a...permanent address" amounts to a couple of old monthly utility bills that everyone has lying around somewhere, right? So what's the big deal?
    DUmmies like to cry about being put upon. I think it's called a martyr complex.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post

They would have to actually pay bills instead of living in their parent's house, or occupying a foreclosed home

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    They would have to actually pay bills instead of living in their parent's house, or occupying a foreclosed home
    I like how you guys handle my set-ups.