1. #1 I know, I know Occupy is dead... right 
    Link
    nadinbrzezinski (105,929 posts)

I know, I know Occupy is dead... right

Wrong... here is Occupy San Diego, with allied groups marching in San Diego today against the TPP
    Gen. Nad posts some pics taken at a OWS rally.

The conversation prompted by this OP is quite funny. Some say OWS is alive and well, some say it's dead and should be buried. Other opinions in between. I especially like the first response.

geek tragedy (19,126 posts)
    1. Not dead, but not terribly relevant.

Pretty much the same importance as groups like Code Pink.
    Ah for the good old days of Code Pink disrupting Congressional hearings and supporting Cindy Sheehan.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Nadine, OWS is a collection of bums with iPhones and iPads.

Kids wasting their mommy & daddy's money.

A lot of them are druged out losers looking for a handout that you morons supply.

In return they march with signs they don't even understand or in some cases, read.

Occupy is a joke.

According to nadin they are now a "social justice movement" WTF does that mean???

Still looks like a collection of losers to me.

Call "The Brigade"!!!!

May the FORCE be with you!

I love how those teens always wear the cliche riot attire, the bandannas over the mouth, spray painted flags etc. It's almost like they want their own French Revolution, wherein the french basically killed all the rich people and ironically became known for being home to extremely rich designers and chefs.

I'm pretty sure I was never actually taught anything about the french revolution so I assumed it was the same thing as the American Revolution, that is until I read Ann coulters article; holy crap, I never knew it was basically the occupy crowd but with guillotines. The french revolution wasn't about freedom, or liberty, it was about a mob(majority) that demanded the heads of the rich(minority) and they just killed them...

Sorry, Occupiers, this is not a democracy, you should be blaming your liberal buddies for destroying the Constitution that protects your rights from, well the majority; that's what you call a Constitutional Republic, can you say "Individual liberty".

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post

Can you say "Individual liberty".
    No, the Moonbats can't say that.

Fore them it's about one of two things

A.) Group rights, which of course override the rights of the indivual.

B.) Government rights, which also override the rights of the indivual.

Moonbats hate indivualism, and fight against it every day.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I love how those teens always wear the cliche riot attire, the bandannas over the mouth, spray painted flags etc. It's almost like they want their own French Revolution, wherein the french basically killed all the rich people and ironically became known for being home to extremely rich designers and chefs.

I'm pretty sure I was never actually taught anything about the french revolution so I assumed it was the same thing as the American Revolution, that is until I read Ann coulters article; holy crap, I never knew it was basically the occupy crowd but with guillotines. The french revolution wasn't about freedom, or liberty, it was about a mob(majority) that demanded the heads of the rich(minority) and they just killed them...

Sorry, Occupiers, this is not a democracy, you should be blaming your liberal buddies for destroying the Constitution that protects your rights from, well the majority; that's what you call a Constitutional Republic, can you say "Individual liberty".
    The difference, though, is that in pre-revolution France, there was a caste system meaning no matter how hard you worked, you will never ascend the social ladder. In 21st century America, there is no such system and the harder you work, the higher you can go.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link

Gen. Nad posts some pics taken at a OWS rally.

The conversation prompted by this OP is quite funny. Some say OWS is alive and well, some say it's dead and should be buried. Other opinions in between. I especially like the first response.

Ah for the good old days of Code Pink disrupting Congressional hearings and supporting Cindy Sheehan.
    At least one of the Code Pinkos went back to fundraising for Obama http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=1628.

In December 2009, Evans and Code Pink led more than 1,000 leftists, among whom were Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, to Cairo in order to deliver “humanitarian aid” to the Hamas-led government of Gaza. To lend credibility to her mission, Evans carried with her a letter of support from Senator John Kerry. Prior to the trip, Hamas had guaranteed the safety of the Code Pink retinue in Gaza.

In January 2010, Evans and Code Pink asked the Muslim Brotherhood to “join us in cleansing our country!” -- and implied that an appropriate means of doing that would be to kidnap former President Bush and his wife, as well as Karl Rove and other members of the former Bush administration.

BigGovernment.com has chronicled Evans' extensive ties to Barack Obama:

• In February 2007, Evans co-hosted (along with her now-deceased husband Max Palevsky and Dreamworks executives Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Jeffrey Katzenberg) a key Obama fundraiser just weeks after Obama had announced his presidential candidacy. Evans herself donated the maximum $2,300 to Obama’s campaign.
    • In April 2007, the Obama presidential campaign announced that Evans was one of its early fundraising bundlers.
    • In June 2008, Evans met with Obama at a high-priced fundraiser.
    • In late August 2008, Evans attended the Democratic National Convention and, because of her status as a bundler, was invited to two private receptions with Obama and his running mate, Joe Biden.
    • In September 2008, Evans attended two exclusive Hollywood fundraisers with Obama. Two weeks later, she met with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in New York City.
    • In October 2008, Evans worked with Code Pink’s Los Angeles chapter on a get-out-the-vote campaign in Obama's behalf.
    • After Obama’s election as President in November 2008, Evans and some fellow Code Pink representatives traveled to Iran at the personal invitation of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
    • On June 19, 2009, Evans visited the White House and met with Buffy Wicks, the deputy of Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett. That same month, Evans visited the White House residence.
    • In the fall of 2009, Evans, at a San Francisco fundraiser for Obama, personally gave the President a propaganda package compiled from her recent trip to Afghanistan, where she had met with the Taliban. The next day, Evans was given a briefing by Obama's deputy chief of staff.
    • In Novmber 2009, when Obama announced his plan to send additional U.S. troops to Afghanistan, his staff coordinated with Evans on the matter of how the anti-war left's dissent against that policy should be expressed.

They would love to be able to indulge their violent streak. The occupests are like every other movement of leftist intellectuals. Eventually, they all come to embrace and foment violence, if they don't start there to begin with. Violent movements always appeal to intellectuals. Even the Nazis had their strongest influence in German universities, and the Einsatzgruppen contained a number of men with advanced degrees. The Muslim Brotherhood is all over the colleges of the Arab states, and our colleges as well. Intellectuals feel a need for "authenticity", no matter how stupid or thoughtless the movement is.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Looks like about a dozen people. I agree with the DUmmy. Occupy isn't dead.

It's just waiting to be put out of our misery.

My girlfriend and I were in Philadelphia for our anniversary during a supposed OWS rally at the Liberty Bell. We only saw one person. I don't know if there were more or not, but they certainly weren't occupying much as we were in that area all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    My girlfriend and I were in Philadelphia for our anniversary during a supposed OWS rally at the Liberty Bell. We only saw one person. I don't know if there were more or not, but they certainly weren't occupying much as we were in that area all day.
    They've gone back to occupying their mommy's basements.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well nadin keeps saying they are "reinventing" themselves or some such crap.

She is hilarious, she hints to the DUmmies she has Super Secret Knowledge of OWS's
    inner workings and is privy to all their secrets. I bet the OWSers laugh at her too...

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!@!!!!

May the FORCE be with you!