Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 This 'hatred of Obama'... 
    link

ailsagirl (7,506 posts)

This 'hatred of Obama'...

Where did it come from? I don't recall any such rhetoric when he ran in 2008. It's so ugly and I wince whenever I hear it. He, of all people, doesn't deserve that. I think it's abominable and it clearly shows how LOW certain people have sunk.
    treestar (33,890 posts)

26. Yes. They never dreamed a black man could win

and actually be President. And their nearly four years of birtherism and other stupidity has not worked. They are really getting fed up with their fellow white Americans tolerating this! At least, that's how desperate they are getting and would explain it being worse now than in 2008.

A second term is a type of validation they are desperate to avoid. They want to at least be able to say "one-term President' which has an aura of fail about it.
    GoCubsGo (9,813 posts)

66. Yup. I think there are a couple of other factors, too.

First: Their guy fucked things up royally, so they are projecting their shame and embarrassment on the Democrat. This is something they would do regardless of which Democrat won. I think it's one of the reasons they hated Clinton so much, too.

Second: Obama has managed to find ways around their unprecedented obstructionism, and a good part of that is his usurping their policies. And, that rubs salt into the wound of him beating them in the first place. He is beating them at their own game in many regards.

And, I am sure that it just galls them that both Clinton and Obama are popular and well-liked despite everything these turds have heaved at them over their tenures. Good. I hope they choke on their bile.
    I hope they like the precedent that Obama is setting in the way that he has gone around congress to get what he wants.

It shouldn't be all that hard for Romney to find some kind of executive order to invalidate Obamacare, oil and coal issues and a host of other things.

Obama has shown us that a president can do all kinds of things even if congress doesn't agree. All Romney has to say is that congress isn't helping matters any and decree what he wants to.

Liberals will LOVE it.

moondust (7,335 posts)

77. Double whammy.

They hated Bill Clinton because he was a Democrat. Obama is both a Democrat and visibly black, so add a pound of racism.

White guys used to own and run virtually everything, as if they were Gods...
    There you have it. Bill Clinton was "hated" because he was a Democrat.........so they take it as gospel (their gospel) that if Obama is "hated" it can't be just because he is a Democrat....it's ALSO that he's black.

There is a reason that I will NEVER vote for a liberal black politician no matter how "good" he/she is, or how terrible the Republican is. It has nothing to do with my being racist. It's that white liberals as well as black liberals have shown us that they have a one track mind. ANY disagreement with policy or the way the person acts is labeled as "racism". Before Obama I would have voted simply for the person who I thought was best. No more. Liberals have shown that it's impossible to have a black (or any liberal minority, really) President and have public policy debate or disagreements without the disingenuous screams of "racism".

I wonder how long it will be before a black liberal is elected for the Presidency for this very reason. He and the Democrats have set race relations back 50 years.

The way they treat conservative black politicians, as well as other minorities gives lie to their claims of not being racist.

It's cute when they invent racism where it doesn't exist.

As opposed to the love that they showed Bush and Reagan? Or Nixon, for that matter?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

There is more rhetoric this year than in 2008. That's because the guy has been utterly, totally, unquestionably, beyond any reasonable doubt the most incompetent president in this nation's history. So, it follows there would be more talk against him.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Ugh, that thread illustrates everything that's wrong with this country.

1. Bush wasn't "our guy" he was president. He was everyone's president. He did some good things, and some bad things. Same with Clinton. This isn't a sports team, it's governance; and it can directly impact our lives and our freedoms.
    2. The things that liberals (and conservatives) criticize Bush for -- increasing the deficit, expanding federal and executive authority, limiting civil liberties, letting lobbyists write congressional bills... are exactly the areas where Obama is demonstrably worse than Bush.
    3. Considering many, many people on the right wanted to see both Condi Rice and Colin Powell further their careers, and run for president... and considering the popularity of Cain until the media hacked off his campaign at the knees, I don't see how race/racism is remotely a valid charge. The Republican party is more diverse than ever. Everyone from Bobby Jindal to Rubio. Why the establishment and the media keeps pushing nominees like McCain and McBain, is an entirely different issue.
    4. As long as government and media has Americans convinced that the enemy is other Americans, then the political class will place in power whomever they want.
    5. On Obamacare... all I have to say is this... it was written by the medical insurance companies and Big Pharma, behind closed doors. How can liberals, who are supposed to be anti-corporatist, give this pass and still be intellectually honest.

But I thought the University of Michigan said you can't see racism when you're white, how can all these white-guilt libs see actual racism if whites can't see racism

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    There is more rhetoric this year than in 2008. That's because the guy has been utterly, totally, unquestionably, beyond any reasonable doubt the most incompetent president in this nation's history. So, it follows there would be more talk against him.
    Very good point. But...

I don't recall any such rhetoric when he ran in 2008.
    Silly ailsagirl forgot about the stuff the Clintons said, and the responses from the Obama team. Such short memories.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post

Silly ailsagirl forgot about the stuff the Clintons said, and the responses from the Obama team. Such short memories.
    It's not short memories. It's selective memories.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I dislike all Marxists. I reserve my "hate" for Marxists that attack my country. The fact that we have a Marxist president that is destroying my country makes my hatred for him visceral.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I don't hate Obama, but neither will I say that he didn't take a bad situation and make it worse. Disapproving of his record and his methods of recovery doesn't make me a racist. Holding his feet to the fire over his comments that he should be a one term President if he couldn't fix things in his first term doesn't make me a racist either. It proves to be a lame excuse for him to qualify his remarks that the situation was worse than he thought after the fact. He should have thought of that before he opened his mouth.

If there is any hatred on my part for Obama it is a hatred of his lies and his divide and conquer campaign strategy. He has artifically created a bunch of wars on this and that in order to keep people from uniting and making him live up to his words about being a one term President. I do hate that, but I do not hate the man himself.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis