Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Yep - that's what folks used to say about DDT for about three degades in these waters - until they knew better actualyl found out about "perceived contaminates." Ignorance is truly bliss.

Well heck, who would eat anything called a "Croaker" in the first place. How do you garnish it, with Hemlock?:D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post

Local antidotal fishing evidence: I fish our local rigs once or twice a month - the pilings are covered with massive amounts of shell fish and associated animals. The bass congregate there by the hundreds. All appears quite tranquil and healthy.

The only thing I perceive as contrary to that is how lethargic the fish seem. They have the same response to getting caught that fish gathered from the Long Beach/LA Harbor areas. They kick a couple of times and then just lay there in your hand - waiting for you to take the hook out and release them. Which we always do - because nobody really trusts the meat - unless youíre not a local and donít know any better. Iíve been told - again antidotal - that their meat has parasites and unlike the fish caught outside our local federal breakwaters - people think thereís something petroleum seapage related - like the ships in the harbor.

Donít know.

But when we go to Catalina every-other-weekend the same specie of fish seems to explode with a blast of energy when hooked and kicks like Hell when you bring I up. Again, thatís just what I see locally.

BTW folks: The fish like it there because of the smaller bait fish that use the shadow of the oil rig as cover - and the larger fish come to eat the little guys - not because they're happy there.

;)
    THEM'S SOME GOOD ANTIDOTAL FISH!

The word you are looking for is "Anecdote".

Quote Originally Posted by aerojarod View Post
    The word you are looking for is "Anecdote".
    Youíre right and that totally invalidates my perspective. My bad.:o
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

You should try and keep to the health laws in the scriptures, IMO. No bottom-feeders, filter-feeders, shellfish; No animals that eat meat, no swine etc. The scriptures basically say look to what an animals diet is to see if it's worth eating. Some species were meant as clean-up crews, to clear corpses and filth. Cuts down on the spread of disease, etc. The poisons such animals dealt with all their lives is naturally in with the flesh of such animals, it's best to not take it into your flesh as well. Very detrimental over the long term. As for the oil rigs, I'd say let's go whole-hog with oil rigs. The era of us needing oil for fuel is soon coming to a close. We have vast un-tapped reserves within reach in our own territories. Lets create a branch of the government to in effect become another oil company. They could produce/sell enough oil to offset the coming lack in funds for social security and any future insane social programs that the liberals want to march up the pike, as well.