1. #1 Smaller iPad in time for Christmas? 
    Right after both the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg claimed that Apple will soon be launching a smaller, cheaper iPad, at least one new report popped up to lend support to the notion that such a device is in the works.
    As MacRumor's Arnold Kim points out, the new report comes to us via Macotakara.
    A post on the Japanese blog — which has a hit-and-miss record when it comes to Apple rumors — explains that "reliable sources" say that "the tablet called iPad Mini" will hit production lines in September and is expected to start shipping just in time for the holiday season (which is a bit behind the fall launch date reported by Bloomberg).
    Why mention this new rumor at all? Because with so much chatter swirling about a smaller iPad and the clear market advantage for an iPad that can compete with Amazon's Kindle Fire and Google's Nexus 7 — both powered by Android — it seems very probable that Apple is considering the form factor.

More

Apple is trying to put out the (Kindle) fire.

You can buy android tablets in most every size.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I think Kindle is who they are after.

This new iPad will be much thinner also.

I might buy one.

I have never had an Appple product that did not work.

My last Android phone turned into junk in less then two years so now I have an iPhone and love it. The only thing I miss is turn by turn directions that were free. But on the days I need it, I can use it from Verizon for 99 cents for the day. There are also some free apps out there with good reviews. I am going to test one out by taking a drive to Death Valley. Now that we had some rain I want to check out the rivers, etc....