Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Rick Perry says F you to two million texans.... 
    link

MindMover (1,911 posts)

Rick Perry says F you to two million texans....

Last edited Mon Jul 9, 2012, 06:19 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Texas Gov. Rick Perry will send a letter to U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius today informing her that Texas will not implement two portions of President Obama’s health care plan despite the Supreme Court’s upholding it last month. Perry specifically will express his opposition to establishing a state health insurance exchange and expanding Medicaid required by the plan.

Ted Oberg of ABC News’ KTRK-TV obtained a portion of the letter that will be sent to Sebelius this morning.

“If anyone was in doubt, we in Texas have no intention to implement so-called state exchanges or to expand Medicaid under Obamacare. I will not be party to socializing health care and bankrupting my state in direct contradiction to our Constitution and our founding principles of limited government,” Perry says in the letter.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...SNUkok.twitter
    DontTreadOnMe (1,400 posts)

1. I can't wait to see Mr. Perry handcuffed with criminal charges, on live TV

Time to pull a Federal Level power play on this ass-hat.
    Since it's not a crime to refuse to implement state exchanges or to expand Mediacare I can only assume that Don'tTreadOnMe means that he/she wants Obama to make up his own laws and rules and decide what laws he will follow or won't follow like he has been doing all along.

Jumping John (716 posts)

2. Meanwhile back at the Capitol Headquarters, Ricky is living in socialized housing that is

costing the state of Texas $9000/month and has cost over $1 million dollars so far.
    Does that bother you? Fine.

Let's dump every governor's mansion countrywide. I am on board with this. I will back your efforts. Seriously. Let them live in their own homes, pay for their own staff, meals, etc. I have no problem with that.
    Be Not Afraid.

So the DUmmies are upset that Gov. Perry is doing exactly -- EX-FUCKING-ACTLY -- what Obama has chosen to do with laws he doesn't like (i.e. not enforce/implement them). What hypocrisy! What idiocy! What typical liberals!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    So the DUmmies are upset that Gov. Perry is doing exactly -- EX-FUCKING-ACTLY -- what Obama has chosen to do with laws he doesn't like (i.e. not enforce/implement them). What hypocrisy! What idiocy! What typical liberals!
    Texas and something like 26 other states so far.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    EXACTLY.

And at least Perry is trying to do what the people in his state want him to do.

Let's see. Two million Texans, many of whom probably don't want obamacare.

What about the other 23 million Texans, the vast majority of whom I can almost bet support Perry's move?

What the hell has happened to this country in the past few decades that we're ignoring the majority for the desires of minority? I'm not talking about race before weewee and the others jump on the comment.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Good job Governor Perry!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Good job Governor Perry!
    Right.....what nobody is talking about in the SCOTUS decision (particularly the MSM) is that the decision DID hold unconstitutional the requirement that states expand Medicaid to include everyone up to 133% of the official poverty level.......this leaves what Gov. Perry and a lot of other states are doing perfectly legal. Including not establishing the "exchanges"........there is a provision in the ACA that allows the Feds to establish them if the states refuse to, but then the Feds have to fund them 100%.

doc

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Right.....what nobody is talking about in the SCOTUS decision (particularly the MSM) is that the decision DID hold unconstitutional the requirement that states expand Medicaid to include everyone up to 133% of the official poverty level.......this leaves what Gov. Perry and a lot of other states are doing perfectly legal. Including not establishing the "exchanges"........there is a provision in the ACA that allows the Feds to establish them if the states refuse to, but then the Feds have to fund them 100%.

doc
    Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Does that bother you? Fine.

Let's dump every governor's mansion countrywide. I am on board with this. I will back your efforts. Seriously. Let them live in their own homes, pay for their own staff, meals, etc. I have no problem with that.
    This is about the only thing Jon Corzine did.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.