Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Good Hollywood TV, Movies? 

Longmire (2012)

Walt Longmire is the dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Widowed only a year, he is a man in psychic repair but buries his pain behind his brave face, unassuming grin and dry wit.

Premiered June 2012 on A&E. 6 episodes out now.

IMDb

Just watched a couple of episodes. I like it. A lot of old fashioned values, some unspoken is kind of neat.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

Longmire (2012)

Walt Longmire is the dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Widowed only a year, he is a man in psychic repair but buries his pain behind his brave face, unassuming grin and dry wit.

IMDb

Just watched a couple of episodes. I like it. A lot of old fashioned values, some unspoken is kind of neat.
    That's more of a miniseries than a movie.

There have been some very good movies and series on cable, including Conspiracy (about the Wansee Conference, where the Nazis codified and laid out the final solution), The Gathering Storm and Into the Storm (Winston Churchill before and during WWII), John Adams, Band of Brothers, Rome, The Walking Dead, etc.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    [

IMDb

The series is getting better but the book was significantly better. It was on special at Kindle for $0.99 a little time back.

I don't care for the daughter/deputy link. That's just TV 'spicing things up' and screwing it up.

We watch "The Glades" just in front of it as well.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Banned
    I got a GREAT one for ya...

^^^^

Leave it to this idiot to recommend something that does nothing but parrot left wing talking points.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    And once again you fail badly. We're looking for GOOD Hollywood and TV and not the usual crap that comes from Hollywood.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    ^^^^

Leave it to this idiot to recommend something that does nothing but parrot left wing talking points.
    Well, that's all that Spicoli does, too. Come to think of it, if somebody taught a parrot to type with its beak and forced it to listen to MSNBC 24/7, the results would look a lot like what Spicoli spews here. Of course, the parrot's droppings would be thrown away at the end of the day, instead of posted here.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

On AMC Season 5 of Breaking bad starts Sunday July 15th.
    On AMC Season 2 of Hell On Wheels starts Sunday August 12th
    On HBO Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire sometime this fall
    On FX Season 5 of Sons Of Anarchy sometime this fall
    On STARZ Season 3 of Spartacus starts January 27th , 2013
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Is that the show where the guy was reminiscing about how America was great when it adhered to its Judeo-Christian Conservative values and morality?

Other than that clip, I've never seen it.
    Be Not Afraid.

Ooo ... lots of good stuff I havent seen before, mentioned here. Well, since we dont have a TV connected to anything its probably a little diff for us than most folks. We pay for premium hosting services rather than cable TV. Lots cheaper. So if I get a tip on a potentially good series or movie I look it up. If it sounds like something we might like I download it. Takes about 10 minutes for a whole season. And its nice to not have to worry about commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That's more of a miniseries than a movie.

There have been some very good movies and series on cable, including Conspiracy (about the Wansee Conference, where the Nazis codified and laid out the final solution), The Gathering Storm and Into the Storm (Winston Churchill before and during WWII), John Adams, Band of Brothers, Rome, The Walking Dead, etc.
    I did sort of mention TV and Movies in the title of the thread.

Ive downloaded Conspiracy, Into the Storm and the first season of Rome. Watched Conspiracy. Excellent. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    The series is getting better but the book was significantly better. It was on special at Kindle for $0.99 a little time back.

I don't care for the daughter/deputy link. That's just TV 'spicing things up' and screwing it up.

We watch "The Glades" just in front of it as well.
    Downloaded the first season of Glades. Watched the first episode, luved it.

Thanks guys. :)
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.