Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kick some ass Romney! 
    Why the hell is Romney not using the same aggressive ads and tactics against Obama that he used against Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum?
    Does grandpa McCain have to give him his famous fight fight fight speech?
    Come on Romney, this isn't about not hurting feelings, it's about winning the dammed White House back!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Why the hell is Romney not using the same aggressive ads and tactics against Obama that he used against Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum?
    Come on Romney, this isn't about not hurting feelings, it's about winning the dammed White House back!
    He doesn't have to. Obama has massively outspent Romney so far in the swing states, and gotten nowhere. Nothing obama is throwing at the wall is sticking.

The Romney campaign has nearly 50 million dollars worth of ads purchased for the last 4-6 weeks of the campaign, and that's just right now. We'll be seeing a lot of him on TV during the final month and a half. obama's bunch is blowing money like it'll never run out. Romney's campaign is spending some money here and there but looking toward the last weeks, due to the voter's short memory span.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    He doesn't have to. Obama has massively outspent Romney so far in the swing states, and gotten nowhere. Nothing obama is throwing at the wall is sticking.

The Romney campaign has nearly 50 million dollars worth of ads purchased for the last 4-6 weeks of the campaign, and that's just right now. We'll be seeing a lot of him on TV during the final month and a half. obama's bunch is blowing money like it'll never run out. Romney's campaign is spending some money here and there but looking toward the last weeks, due to the voter's short memory span.
    I sure hope you are right but this reminds me too much of the two geriatric campaigns, Dole and McCain.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I sure hope you are right but this reminds me too much of the two geriatric campaigns, Dole and McCain.
    Just found this. I guess they're going to counterattack and call the obama attacks what they are.

In a conference call Monday morning, senior staff said Romney’s surrogates would stop shying away from the word “lie” in responding to Democrats’ attacks on his business record, and plan to go on TV to call Obama a “liar,” the source said.

“They are very fed up with these attacks,” said the source…

“The feeling was that nobody is watching this right now,” said the source. “They had a time frame to respond to the Bain attacks… But today the counterattack with the surrogates is going to begin.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Just found this. I guess they're going to counterattack and call the obama attacks what they are.

In a conference call Monday morning, senior staff said Romney’s surrogates would stop shying away from the word “lie” in responding to Democrats’ attacks on his business record, and plan to go on TV to call Obama a “liar,” the source said.

“They are very fed up with these attacks,” said the source…

“The feeling was that nobody is watching this right now,” said the source. “They had a time frame to respond to the Bain attacks… But today the counterattack with the surrogates is going to begin.”
    Now this is more like it!

Now this is more like it!
    I'm in total agreement with you. I didn't like finding out that Romney has a lot of mccain advisers with his campaign. The mccain campaign was a disaster, worse it was embarrassing. Maybe mccain threw the election, or just wasn't up to a long fight and didn't listen to his advisors, or maybe they were just not the best available.

Romney doesn't have to equal or surpass obama in spending on ads yet. I like his ignoring some of the attacks, especially when they aren't making much of a difference. But, I also want to see them throw some punches. If he just aired half as many ads as obama and called the obama ads what they are - as they're apparently planning on doing - that's enough for now. Start throwing the heavy leather in September.

Banned

Well, in fairness, he can't criticize the ACA on specifics w/o looking like an ass because it's the federal version of his policy.

His economic policies don't really differ that much from Obama's.

He wants to continue to give the super-rich all the tax loopholes and benefits in the world, and that won't play well in Peoria.

And he's totally clueless about foreign policy and can only repeat what his advisors tell him (not as bad as Palin though).

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Well, in fairness, he can't criticize the ACA on specifics w/o looking like an ass because it's the federal version of his policy.

His economic policies don't really differ that much from Obama's.
    You are wrong, educate yourself.
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...-and-ObamaCare

Banned

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.