Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Why would anyone expressing a rightwing opinion in public get a death threat 
    link

Skidmore (26,858 posts)

Why would anyone expressing a rightwing opinion in public get a death threat from

the left? There was a discussion by the women on The View of Brad Pitt's mother receiving death threats after her article this past week supporting the R position on women's issues. Now, I don't agree with her but the last thing I would do beyond expressing my strong disagreement would be to threaten someone else with physical violence.

My inclination is that many of these threats (and we have seen more than one instance of claims of people on the right getting death threats) is that they are staged somehow by some of these nutcase Rovian dirty tricks groups. If that is the case, there must be a way to prove it. I just don't think it hold together that there are scads of people on the left just running around ready to kill others for their point of view. We didn't show up at campaign events or protests with guns and threatening signs.
    As usual many declare that the left NEVER would threaten a conservative, it's just conservatives doing the threatening or lying about it.
    kestrel91316 (39,984 posts)

2. Either delusional projection (since death threats are a hallmark of RWers),

or blatant lying/fabrication.
    BlueCaliDem (3,262 posts)

4. The Left don't do "death threats". We're too intelligent for that.

This sounds more like a set-up by the AlwaysWrongRight and the propaganda arm of their side.

Remember all those losers at the OWS protests bashing in windows and stuff? Pretty much sure those were Righties. TeaBaggers funded by Corporations? O'Keefe's "stings". The threats directed at Mrs. Pitt sounds completely in line with how Republicans try to demonize their enemies and create bad propaganda to keep their gullible sheep in line and distracted while they work toward robbing them and our country blind.
    Doctor_J (24,064 posts)

16. even if it isn't a false flag,

they still outnumber us in death threats by 1000:1 or so. Also right wing death threats tend to go unpunished, while those made AGAINST right wingers tend to be investigated and prosecuted vigorously.
    Of course they also claim that the left isn't hateful but all you have to do is read DU for 15 minutes and it puts a lie to that claim. This is no different.

Talk about willful ignorance and ignoring their own past actions!

*facepalm*
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The woman probably never received a death threat before she expressed her viewpoint....

I'll bet Brad Pitt doesn't like the fact that people have threatened his mother's life.

Skidmore (26,858 posts)

Why would anyone expressing a rightwing opinion in public get a death threat from the left?
    Because the Left has at least as many authoritarian, Fascist Eichmann-wannabees as they accuse everyone else of harboring...?

BlueCaliDem (3,264 posts)
    4. The Left don't do "death threats". We're too intelligent for that.
    Uh-huh...that's why you idiots posted an aerial view of the main house at Crawford Ranch with a bombsight placed over the center of it...because you're so smart?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Ever hear of Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme? Google it if need be, DUmmies...she was a lefty.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Now their delusions are starting to have delusions.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Ever hear of Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme? Google it if need be, DUmmies...she was a lefty.

Manson isn't a leftist. He hated his fellow hippies (except the Beatles, of course) and the crimes he and his followers committed were about insanity, not politics.

The only reason Squeeky tried to kill President Ford was to keep Charlie in the headlines, because Charlie is a narcissist, among other things. I don't think either one thought that killing President Ford would actually result in Charlie's release from prison at that point.

If Manson and Squeeky are leftists, then the right has to claim John Eric Rudolph and all the allegedly pro-life activists who have burned down clinics and killed doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Manson isn't a leftist. He hated his fellow hippies (except the Beatles, of course) and the crimes he and his followers committed were about insanity, not politics.

The only reason Squeeky tried to kill President Ford was to keep Charlie in the headlines, because Charlie is a narcissist, among other things. I don't think either one thought that killing President Ford would actually result in Charlie's release from prison at that point.
    I think that's a bit of an over-simplification, but I will certainly agree that there's a lot more crazy than there is politics there.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If Manson and Squeeky are leftists, then the right has to claim John Eric Rudolph and all the allegedly pro-life activists who have burned down clinics and killed doctors.
    We get stuck with them anyway.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.