Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 The Newsroom is making the MSM look like FOOLS. 
    link

LOL. The left sure has problems with reality don't they? Made up TV stories are considered "true". This isn't the first TV show they have been infatuated with claiming it portrays the "truth".

FarLeftFist (6,063 posts)

The Newsroom is making the MSM look like FOOLS.

When a fictional tv show does more hard hitting investigative & truthful journalism about the radical right-wing in 3 episodes than the entire MSM has done in the past decade you know the MSM has reached a new loooow.
    ocd liberal (342 posts)

4. Just watched the third one last night

I stood up and gave it a standing ovation!!
    nadinbrzezinski (106,047 posts)

8. That is why you should find, and chiefly support,

indie journalism at this point. To think that the big boys will go against their corporate bosses is crazy.

National Reader Supporter News or truth out are your two best bets right now

If you can afford to throw a few bucks to your local (in my case it would be the East County Magazine), we'd love you too.

It is time to realize the big boys are NOT going to do that... so we need to grow an alternate, independent media.

I mean, covering things like fires runs us gas and time, and well gear.

Covering hard hitting investigative pieces takes TIME, and resources are thin at best.
    global1 (9,328 posts)

9. Jane Fonda Appeared In Episode 3, As I Recall She Was Married To Ted Turner......

I think around the time he owned CNN. Fonda plays Leona Lansing the CEO of Atlantis World Media, the parent company of ACN (Atlantis Cable News).

I'm wondering if she brought any personal touches to her role in the Newsroom from actual events that happened to Turner and her during this period.

In the program she is putting pressure on the President of the News Division - Charlie Skinner- played by Sam Waterston - to have Will McAvoy the anchor played by Jeff Daniels to ease up on the political commentary and banter because it could make life uncomfortable for her in her dealings with the politicians in Congress.

Episode 3 came down real hard on the Tea Party - and rightly so. They said things that weren't said on the run-up and the outcome of the 2010 elections where the Tea Party hijacked the Repug party.

What a great show. Can't wait for the future episodes. Sorkin is a genius.

But I would really like to get some comments from Jane Fonda on her role in this show and if she brings anything to the table because of her marriage to Ted Turner.
    Esse Quam Videri (351 posts)

11. Just watched episode three last night

Man did they give it to the teabaggers and Koch Bros. Makes me have a smidgen of hope that there are some repugs who are sickened by what has become of their party.
    What a surprise. Leftists create a TV show spewing all the left wing propaganda, talking points, bigotry and hate and the leftists that watch it cry in ecstasy because it confirms everything they believe therefore it's the truth.

I think it was the TV critic for the Washington Post who said that CNN should use Newsroom as a model for returning to the mighty news giant it once was.

And for some odd reason HBO has already renewed this barely watched POS for a second season already.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I'll be damned if i will watch the show but someone let me know when they rip into left leaning causes and/or politicians with the same fervor as they do with Right leaning issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I'll be damned if i will watch the show but someone let me know when they rip into left leaning causes and/or politicians with the same fervor as they do with Right leaning issues.
    Not gonna happen. Sorkin is re-writing history to make Liberalism look like the white knight in America.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    linkWhat a surprise. Leftists create a TV show spewing all the left wing propaganda, talking points, bigotry and hate and the leftists that watch it cry in ecstasy because it confirms everything they believe therefore it's the truth.
    Yes, but enough about MSNBC...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I never have liked any of Sorkin's shows, and I'm a liberal. His shows are boring and too serious.

I also like to be entertained, not preached at.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

LOL. The left sure has problems with reality don't they? Made up TV stories are considered "true". This isn't the first TV show they have been infatuated with claiming it portrays the "truth".

What a surprise. Leftists create a TV show spewing all the left wing propaganda, talking points, bigotry and hate and the leftists that watch it cry in ecstasy because it confirms everything they believe therefore it's the truth.

Take it you never watched the show.

The main character is a conservative.

It's takes balls (and stupidity) to comment on something you've never actually seen.

"Leftist" is so WND.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Take it you never watched the show.
    If you and the DUmbasses like it I know it's crap and don't have to watch it.

The main character is a conservative.
    No, the main character is a conservative according to a liberal hack....not the same

It's takes balls (and stupidity) to comment on something you've never actually seen.
    Hasn't stopped you has it....at least on the stupidity part since , as a lib, you have no balls at all.

"Leftist" is so WND.
    And thinking something on HBO made by a liberal hack is good is so DU.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post

Hasn't stopped you has it....at least on the stupidity part since , as a lib, you have no balls at all.

Liberals get a bum rap. Why can't you guys get this simple truth? I have had the honor of knowing some Liberals, Brain fart is not one. He is a Leftist, not Liberal....

Words mean things people
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Liberals get a bum rap. Why can't you guys get this simple truth? I have had the honor of knowing some Liberals, Brain fart is not one. He is a Leftist, not Liberal....

Words mean things people
    True, but most liberals are leftists and increasingly Statist. They are devoid of independent thought and spout leftist talking points like the good little drones they are. Liberals and DimoRats from my grandfather's generation would not recognize their diseased party today.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand