Thread: galaxy s3

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Dunno how good the camera is on the S3, but I hear ya about the pocket thing.
    I use a Canon A1000IS (10.0 Megapixels) and I really like it because I can stick it in my pocket. Got a viewfinder, too, and I have to have that.

I could take better photos (maybe) with an SLR and a fancy lens, but my Canon goes in a pocket. Hard to compete with that.
    The convincing factor was the 'burst mode' option. Push the trigger and hold it and it will capture until it runs out of room. But.... Then you can only keep 8 of the exposures.

-----

I feel reviews for any product need to be balanced sometimes. If what you are wanting is a complete replacement for everything else in your life, there are a multitude of options out there and there are reasons for that. Not everyone wants the same product. The camera is a plus for the S III but very little else is meaningful to me. I deeply resent having to pay for a data plan (similar to Obamacare) when I do not expect to ever use it. Pray for me for that transgression.

PS: It's also very slick - i.e. it slides right out of your hands. Have to buy a shell you can grip.
    Last edited by Retread; 07-13-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add PS
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    have you seen the s3? Makes the s2 look like garbage. No offence ;)
    I want one but I am waiting to be eligible for a upgrade discount.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I want one but I am waiting to be eligible for a upgrade discount.
    Thats what I did. Had the Evo 4G. Good phone but its toilet paper compared to this beast.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Traded the S III in for the HTC X 1 yesterday. The AMOLED screen is worthless for outdoor use, much less photography.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Traded the S III in for the HTC X 1 yesterday. The AMOLED screen is worthless for outdoor use, much less photography.

yawn, have fun with half the ram.

yawn, have fun with half the ram.
    When you don't need or want 'data services' you could move just as quick on half or less of what I got. And I can see the screen fine without going indoors.

i've used 6.3 mb in a week and that was by accident. Oh! and BTW, the X 1 lets me turn the data channel off where the s3 would not.

The big Cheese
    When you don't need or want 'data services' you could move just as quick on half or less of what I got. And I can see the screen fine without going indoors.

i've used 6.3 mb in a week and that was by accident. Oh! and BTW, the X 1 lets me turn the data channel off where the s3 would not.
    Then you failed to educate yourself on how to use it. Its there, right at the top in the toggle menu....

but what evs. The one X is a good device, just not future friendly.

But you got it for a camera (why not buy an actual cannon elf and get quality) so have fun taking those epic professional shots.... lulz

Then you failed to educate yourself on how to use it. Its there, right at the top in the toggle menu....

but what evs. The one X is a good device, just not future friendly.

But you got it for a camera (why not buy an actual cannon elf and get quality) so have fun taking those epic professional shots.... lulz
    I'll try this one more time as it's clear you didn't read my replies before. If you have a need for the S3, assuredly, go for it. If you got it because it's the newest thing on the block and supposedly has more bells and whistles than anybody else's toy, then I'm glad for you and hope you are just in behind Mitt in the richness department because you'll be updating toys every 3-4 months and paying full retail.

There are very few cameras out there under $500 dollars which will match either the S3 or the X 1 in photo quality. Certainly no ELF will. I have been taking and selling photos and publishing my own calendars for a significant number of years and wish I had the money for a top-of-the-line multi lens DLSR (>$1000 and more) but I have other priorities.

When I go on a foto trip I carry two good digital cameras and a good, old-fashioned 35 mm with three lenses and multiple screw-on accessories as well as 2 tripods and a monopod. The X1 is with me all the time. I carried my last cell for 6 years without feeling a need for upgrading or trading. I expect to do near the same with this one and it may well be my last one if it lives up to my expectations.

Good luck with the Samsung and investing.

The big Cheese
    I'll try this one more time as it's clear you didn't read my replies before. If you have a need for the S3, assuredly, go for it. If you got it because it's the newest thing on the block and supposedly has more bells and whistles than anybody else's toy, then I'm glad for you and hope you are just in behind Mitt in the richness department because you'll be updating toys every 3-4 months and paying full retail.

There are very few cameras out there under $500 dollars which will match either the S3 or the X 1 in photo quality. Certainly no ELF will. I have been taking and selling photos and publishing my own calendars for a significant number of years and wish I had the money for a top-of-the-line multi lens DLSR (>$1000 and more) but I have other priorities.

When I go on a foto trip I carry two good digital cameras and a good, old-fashioned 35 mm with three lenses and multiple screw-on accessories as well as 2 tripods and a monopod. The X1 is with me all the time. I carried my last cell for 6 years without feeling a need for upgrading or trading. I expect to do near the same with this one and it may well be my last one if it lives up to my expectations.

Good luck with the Samsung and investing.
    OH MY GOD!! You really made a Ron Paul rich comment?

lol you rendered yourself invalid....

OH MY GOD!! You really made a Ron Paul rich comment?

lol you rendered yourself invalid....
    I knew you were suffering some strains but I didn't know it was this bad. I know a good psychiatrist who can cure those delusions if you would like?