Results 1 to 10 of 12

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Rising costs push California cities to fiscal brink 
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    Facing the same financial stressors that pushed San Bernardino toward bankruptcy, cities across California are slashing day-to-day services and taking other drastic actions to skirt a similar fiscal collapse.

    For some, it may not be enough.

    San Bernardino on Tuesday became the third California city to seek bankruptcy protection in the last month and, while no one expects the state to be consumed by municipal insolvencies, other cities teeter on the abyss.

    PHOTOS: California cities in bankruptcy

    "There are likely to be more in the future, but it's hard to know, since a lot of struggling cities may manage to work things out,'' said Michael Coleman, a fiscal policy advisor for the California League of Cities. "Some cities may not go into a bankruptcy, but they may dissolve. They may cease to exist.''...

    More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,2433019.story
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Facing the same financial stressors that pushed San Bernardino toward bankruptcy, cities across California are slashing day-to-day services and taking other drastic actions to skirt a similar fiscal collapse.

    For some, it may not be enough.

    San Bernardino on Tuesday became the third California city to seek bankruptcy protection in the last month and, while no one expects the state to be consumed by municipal insolvencies, other cities teeter on the abyss.

    PHOTOS: California cities in bankruptcy

    "There are likely to be more in the future, but it's hard to know, since a lot of struggling cities may manage to work things out,'' said Michael Coleman, a fiscal policy advisor for the California League of Cities. "Some cities may not go into a bankruptcy, but they may dissolve. They may cease to exist.''...

    More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,2433019.story
    My guess is that the California federal congress critters are prompting this behind the scenes so that Obama will propose a California bail out, just like Chrysler and GM.
    With that many electoral votes and the Hollywood liberal noise machine and a Congress that is only too happy to spend OPM, they will most likely get it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,283
    Should be reworded to excessive spending, over regulation and over taxing businesses until theyare bled dry and leave the state are pushing California cities to fiscal brink.
    Now let's bleed all the fiscally responsible states and cities dry to bail them out.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    My guess is that the California federal congress critters are prompting this behind the scenes so that Obama will propose a California bail out, just like Chrysler and GM.
    With that many electoral votes and the Hollywood liberal noise machine and a Congress that is only too happy to spend OPM, they will most likely get it.
    No way would the house go for that....Thank God.


    Or i would agree if the EV were split between Romney and the magic negro
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    No way would the house go for that....Thank God.


    Or i would agree if the EV were split between Romney and the magic negro
    I would like to believe that but history is not exactly on your side here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,151
    Why isn't anyone standing up and pointing to the fact that this is what happens when socialistic policies are implemented. This is liberalism 101. And all the taxation in the world isn't going to fix it. They can tax the populace at a rate of 100% and it won't make a difference.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I saw this on the news a night or 2 ago.

    Scranton mayor slashes pay for all city workers—including police and firefighters—to minimum wage

    Cali might not be far behind.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •