Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm 

The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves.

Critics of the move warn the closures will undercut efforts to intercept drug and human traffickers in well-traveled corridors north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Though the affected stations are scattered throughout northern and central Texas, and three other states, the coverage areas still see plenty of illegal immigrant activity -- one soon-to-be-shuttered station in Amarillo, Texas, is right in the middle of the I-40 corridor; another in Riverside, Calif., is outside Los Angeles.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection says it's closing the stations in order to reassign agents to high-priority areas closer to the border.

"These deactivations are consistent with the strategic goal of securing America's borders, and our objective of increasing and sustaining the certainty of arrest of those trying to enter our country illegally," CBP spokesman Bill Brooks said in a statement. "By redeploying and reallocating resources at or near the border, CBP will maximize the effectiveness of its enforcement mandate and align our investments with our mission."

But at least one Border Patrol supervisor in Texas has called on local officers to "voice your concerns" to elected officials, warning that the "deactivation" will remove agents from the Texas Panhandle, among other places. Several members of Congress have asked Border Patrol Chief Michael Fisher to reconsider the plan. And local officials are getting worried about what will happen once the Border Patrol leaves town, since they rely on those federal officials to assist in making immigration arrests.

"It could impact us tremendously since we've only got two agents up here now for 26 counties," Potter County Sheriff Brian Thomas told FoxNews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...riggers-alarm/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

He is opening the border, Obama is the law and no one will lift a finger to stop him, we may hear a little whining but that will be the extent.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He is opening the border, Obama is the law and no one will lift a finger to stop him, we may hear a little whining but that will be the extent.
    This IMHO is a complete abandonment of the oath he took when he became President.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    This IMHO is a complete abandonment of the oath he took when he became President.
    He wiped his ass with that oath long ago, he should by law be removed from office but the cowardliness off the other branches of government prevent that, good heavens what would people think!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He wiped his ass with that oath long ago, he should by law be removed from office but the cowardliness off the other branches of government prevent that, good heavens what would people think!
    What Obama has essentially done in closing the Lubbock and Amarillo offices is give the illegals a clear corridor from the border in Big Bend all the way to Kansas.

IRRC that leaves just the Border Patrol office in Midland between Mexico and Kansas.

And IMHO I'm guessing the Mexican Consulate in Midland will or already is putting pressure on the Border Patrol in Midland to look the other way.

What Obama has essentially done in closing the Lubbock and Amarillo offices is give the illegals a clear corridor from the border in Big Bend all the way to Kansas.

IRRC that leaves just the Border Patrol office in Midland between Mexico and Kansas.

And IMHO I'm guessing the Mexican Consulate in Midland will or already is putting pressure on the Border Patrol in Midland to look the other way.
    How many personnel are involved in these closures? A couple of dozen? That's going to make a huge difference along the border . In the meantime, they're opening up the country to smugglers whether dope or human that get through, and quite a few do.

We're on US 85-285 in northern NM. Two lane road and it's a corridor for illegals and dope coming in. Our closest BP is Albuquerque, a 150 miles south. If they get past them it's a wide open shot into northern NM, Colorado and north to Denver or wherever.

This bunch in DC has got to go. At this point, I don't care how they're removed whether via election or by more extreme measures.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

sí señor

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    How many personnel are involved in these closures? A couple of dozen?
    Those "couple dozen"...specifically the ones that work with the LEO's in Amarillo are called according to the Amarillo Globe story...2-3 times a week to deal with illegals that are detained.

ICE isn't going to fill the void either.

Now the DPS and county and city law enforcement have no one to call in those cities when they detain illegals.

Not only is Amarillo in the north/south illegals corridor....they are on the I-40 corridor for smuggling as well.

My guess is that New Mexico is next to feel the wrath of Obama if they continue to elect Republicans to the Governorship.

We're on US 85-285 in northern NM. Two lane road and it's a corridor for illegals and dope coming in. Our closest BP is Albuquerque, a 150 miles south. If they get past them it's a wide open shot into northern NM, Colorado and north to Denver or wherever.
    IMHO they got pushed that way because of the aggressive actions of the W. Texas Sheriffs and border patrol in that area.

The smugglers and illegals simply found a way in that wasn't as closely monitored.

Now that barrier is practically gone. They'll have two routes of easy access now into the heartland.

IMHO they got pushed that way because of the aggressive actions of the W. Texas Sheriffs and border patrol in that area.

The smugglers and illegals simply found a way in that wasn't as closely monitored.

Now that barrier is practically gone. They'll have two routes of easy access now into the heartland.
    I think Texas forced them this way, too. It's only in the past couple of years that we've begun seeing them in numbers, and they aren't hard to identify. They look different, dress different and the language isn't NM Spanish. I don't speak Spanish, other than cuss words but Spanish-American friends say there are more of them than normal passing through. They'll stop for gas or food and then head north.

Only a few more months God willing, and we'll be rid of these ... people ... in DC, and some form of sanity will return. I don't know that Romney is the best choice, but damn it, I think he does care about this country unlike the current Fraud in Chief.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.