Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When we get our new bridge to Canada in the next few years, Detroit will have 3 border crossings, although I think they have only one office for the border patrol in the city. Michigan has 4 border crossings, now.

I really don't know much about Border Patrol, how many officers are assigned, tactics used, and so on. I know we don't have hoardes of illegals coming from Canada, though.

Here, they have to deal with a lot of drunk, American, college students. The drinking age in Canada is 19. Also, I have heard rumors that performers at Canadian strip clubs can take it all off. I've never been to one, so I can't confirm. My cousin's friends took her to a place called Danny's in Windsor for a bachelorette party prior to her marriage, and she told me the men took it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When we get our new bridge to Canada in the next few years, Detroit will have 3 border crossings, although I think they have only one office for the border patrol in the city. Michigan has 4 border crossings, now.

I really don't know much about Border Patrol, how many officers are assigned, tactics used, and so on. I know we don't have hoardes of illegals coming from Canada, though.

Here, they have to deal with a lot of drunk, American, college students. The drinking age in Canada is 19. Also, I have heard rumors that performers at Canadian strip clubs can take it all off. I've never been to one, so I can't confirm. My cousin's friends took her to a place called Danny's in Windsor for a bachelorette party prior to her marriage, and she told me the men took it all off.
    I'm not sure about the numbers now. I think it's somewhere in the 20K neighborhood for all our borders. I've got nothing but admiration for them. It takes some serious courage to go out alone, which many have to do, knowing that they can come up against a half dozen and often many more illegals, not knowing whether they're armed and still do the job. And they do it.

I used to spend time on a site Blueservo.com which are live border cams. I've seen as many as 20 illegals come across and one single BP truck and one guy go after them. I don't bother much anymore. The site kind of sucks since the West Texas Border Sheriff coalition turned it over to the Texas DPS.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

It's nice that it's being made public where agents won't be so people can cross without trouble.

Something else to think about: Both borders (northern and southern) could allow terrorist types to cross, which to me is just as if not more concerning than Mexicans (or Canadians ). All it takes is one to bring over a nuke or suitcase bomb or something.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    It's nice that it's being made public where agents won't be so people can cross without trouble.

Something else to think about: Both borders (northern and southern) could allow terrorist types to cross, which to me is just as if not more concerning than Mexicans (or Canadians ). All it takes is one to bring over a nuke or suitcase bomb or something.
    Yesterday's scare at the Detroit/Windsor tunnel makes that very clear.

I have a feeling if we don't dethrone King Obama his majesty will open the borders completely.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have a feeling if we don't dethrone King Obama his majesty will open the borders completely.
    As long as open borders increases Dimorat power, he'll be for it. Dear Leader will only act to close the border if He is personally threatened by terrorism. He's a classic arrogant narcissist and Marxist ideologue.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand