Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You are repeating the arguments, adding more superfluous words, and trying to make this about me personally, as always.

In this paragraph you blame Obama for unemployment and claim that Obama's policies are responsible for the lack of job creation. If that is true, how can you expect welfare recipients to simply find jobs to receive benefits?

If the unemployment rate is a result of Obama's policies, then a welfare recipient being willing to work and looking for a job isn't enough, because the jobs aren't available. That makes this entire welfare-to-work program impossible.

The logic behind the welfare-to-work program is that there are jobs available, and that welfare recipients simply aren't trying to get them.

How can you have it both ways? There are not enough jobs available because of government policies, but welfare recipients only have themselves to blame and they can find work if they tried. This "logic" is entirely inconsistent and you have no addressed the inconsistency.

I'll repeat it again. Maybe the next time you post a wall of text you'll get around to addressing the point: Conservatives believe that there are not enough jobs available because of government policies, but welfare recipients only have themselves to blame and they can find work if they tried. How is this possible?

So why should we allow them to collect walfare forever? I dont care if there are jobs or not you shouldnt be able to languish on the dole for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    So why should we allow them to collect walfare forever? I dont care if there are jobs or not you shouldnt be able to languish on the dole for years.
    They shouldn't be on welfare forever, but simply cutting people off because there is a work requirement and no jobs available isn't the answer either.

I agree that having many people on welfare and having people on welfare for very long periods of time isn't a good thing. I agree that welfare should be reformed with the goal of getting people back on their feet. I can even agree that having some requirements of welfare recipients is one part of a solution, but not on it's own. A welfare to work program that simply requires people on welfare to magically find jobs (even when everyone agrees there are not enough jobs) doesn't work. It creates more problems than it solves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

3. #13 Obama's action is a doubling down on the Dem strategy to remain in power forever... 
    Conservatives see welfare as a temporary helping hand to assist someone who is trying to get back on their feet. They are ashamed to accept it because in their minds it is an admission of failure. Liberal elites see welfare as a permanent state supplied enticement used to buy votes for those who so freely give away other people's tax money.

The Democrat recipient sees it as his due because he has been brainwashed to believe that he cannot survive without it. The modern Democratic Party is in essence in the business of farming crops of completely dependent human beings in the large Dem controlled metropolitan areas. The harvest is of course a perpetual vote for the suppliers of the freebies. The Dems used to employ the KKK to keep their slaves in line. Now they just buy them.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    What would you know about thought of any kind?

That is typical of your oversimplification and lampooning of things that you don't bother trying to understand. Job creation is down because the federal government is hamstringing the private sector through massive debt, higher taxes and overt hostility to job creators. Obama's policies have led the charge that is keeping the economy from recovering. The solution to this is not spending more money that we do not have in order to perpetuate dependency and reward failure, but to reduce the amount spent by the federal government and stop punishing employers. Expanding the federal welfare rolls doesn't help the poor, it keeps them poor and prevents their ever moving out of poverty, as demonstrated by the fact that the welfare rolls were dropping for the previous decade, after the last round of reforms imposed work requirements. This is one of the basic flaws in your reasoning. You define compassion by the number of people that your policies push into poverty and dependency, rather than the number of people moved into prosperity and independence.

What do you teach? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You are repeating the arguments, adding more superfluous words, and trying to make this about me personally, as always.

In this paragraph you blame Obama for unemployment and claim that Obama's policies are responsible for the lack of job creation. If that is true, how can you expect welfare recipients to simply find jobs to receive benefits?

If the unemployment rate is a result of Obama's policies, then a welfare recipient being willing to work and looking for a job isn't enough, because the jobs aren't available. That makes this entire welfare-to-work program impossible.

The logic behind the welfare-to-work program is that there are jobs available, and that welfare recipients simply aren't trying to get them.

How can you have it both ways? There are not enough jobs available because of government policies, but welfare recipients only have themselves to blame and they can find work if they tried. This "logic" is entirely inconsistent and you have no addressed the inconsistency.

I'll repeat it again. Maybe the next time you post a wall of text you'll get around to addressing the point: Conservatives believe that there are not enough jobs available because of government policies, but welfare recipients only have themselves to blame and they can find work if they tried. How is this possible?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    But this is what people like wee wee want. They want the entire populace dependent on government. What people like wee wee don't understand is that there is only so much you can tax the producers before there isn't anything left to tax. Also, welfare was never supposed to be a lifestyle but sadly not only is it a lifestyle but it's become a generational lifestyle. My ex-step mother used to tell me that she would see generation after generation of the same family come into the doctors office she worked at all on medicaid. That's not what this country is supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

What do you teach? Seriously.
    Traditional lesbian sex.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    Conservatives see welfare as a temporary helping hand to assist someone who is trying to get back on their feet. They are ashamed to accept it because in their minds it is an admission of failure. Liberal elites see welfare as a permanent state supplied enticement used to buy votes for those who so freely give away other people's tax money.

The Democrat recipient sees it as his due because he has been brainwashed to believe that he cannot survive without it. The modern Democratic Party is in essence in the business of farming crops of completely dependent human beings in the large Dem controlled metropolitan areas. The harvest is of course a perpetual vote for the suppliers of the freebies. The Dems used to employ the KKK to keep their slaves in line. Now they just buy them.
    Actually, the KKK was founded after the slaves were free. The Klan was created to be the strong arm of the Democrat party. Their purpose was to intimidate blacks into voting Democrat. They used to hang both black and white Republicans after the Union army left the south after reconstruction.

8. #18 Oops... 
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Actually, the KKK was founded after the slaves were free. The Klan was created to be the strong arm of the Democrat party. Their purpose was to intimidate blacks into voting Democrat. They used to hang both black and white Republicans after the Union army left the south after reconstruction.
    I should have been more clear, I meant slaves in a financial sense not literally. Apologies!
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But this is what people like wee wee want. They want the entire populace dependent on government.
    I stated in this thread that I agree that it's a problem to have so many people on government assistance for long periods of time. I agree that welfare should be a temporary safety net to keep people on their feet when they need it the most, but that it should not be a long time solution for any individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

So the guy who wagged his finger at the SCOTUS claiming that no law passed by Congress has been or should ever be overturned guts legislation signed by Billy Jeff after having been lawfully passed by Congress?

And at the same time violates the Constitution (again)?

If this had been a Republican Maxine Waters would have been leading the charge to draw up articles of impeachment.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.